Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
DoWorkSon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Road Glide

I'm a 23 year old former sportbiker, now a Nightster owner. I have caught the touring bug, and have my heart set on a Hot Denim Road Glides. I rented one last weekend and knew it was for me.

I have the dealer quoting me 21,000 for an 09 with ABS and the security system (after taxes, freight, etc). I am truly a moron at this process, and am hoping for any insight that you presumably older and more experienced gentlemen might have.

I am taking advantage of the Ride Free thing they have going, and expect about 9500 for my two tone nightster. Is 21,000 fair? They said they don't negotiate from MSRP, but that is a little suspect in this economy. Have you all found this to be true?

Any advice, please feel free to throw it at me

Sorry if this belongs elsewhere... Mods please move if so!

Thanks for your time, I look forward to transitioning from sportbike forums to HDforums.

Jordan

Old 02-05-2009, 04:59 PM
nolafishr
Banned

I bought mine back in November for $19,600.00, it had Cruise and ABS, I had them throw in the Security System to finish the Deal, with tax it came to around 21-22. I did have a Trade with equity in it so that helped me out. I would Shop around for the Best Price, Go to at least 3 Dealers and get Prices before you decide.

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo

Old 02-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Standard
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

19049 should be the bike with the color option. Depending on what is listed I would say they will freight/prep/security/ bs you for another 1000. Then add tax......I would really look at it close.

You can go there "ready to drive away tonight", Lay your final price down and tell them to talk it over and let you know.

If they suck, go to another dealer.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
flylock
Tourer

You should definitely check a few other dealers before making a final decision. But, the sportster trade in deal is probaly a bit of gimmick. They will give you the full price for it but, you will pay more for the bike that you buy I am sure.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nolafishr
I bought mine back in November for $19,600.00, it had Cruise and ABS, I had them throw in the Security System to finish the Deal, with tax it came to around 21-22. I did have a Trade with equity in it so that helped me out. I would Shop around for the Best Price, Go to at least 3 Dealers and get Prices before you decide.

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo
Very close to my deal ~ 20.5K, minus ABS from Tripps in Amarillo

Attached Thumbnails 2009 Road Glide-ccmain.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

i agree you should shop around drop some other dealers names make them earn your

purchase-ride safe

Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Go to HD web-site and look up the MSRP. You can check color options, abs, and security. Use the "estimate payment" tab at the lower right. It'll will give you the total price to finance. Just ignore the payment it shows.
PS, they all have cruise.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:40 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was 20K out the door on my 09 RG with out ABS. ABS is a $795 option so you could do a little better than 21K but probably not much. I would say 21K out the door with the first service would be a good deal.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If you're getting MSRP for your Nightster don't expect a less than MSRP price on the '09. They are giving you way over NADA for your trade, and they do have to stay in business.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM
DoWorkSon
Advanced

Thanks everyone for the prompt advice! I emailed several dealers within approx. 4 hours. Hopefully they will beat the 21k quote...

Side note: I'm getting the Nightster appraised tomorrow... they better not try anything annoying

Quick Reply: 2009 Road Glide