Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FBI jack knife highway pegs for floor boards

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009 | 11:30 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member

Here's an older thread with good info..

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...hway-pegs.html

Old 02-06-2009 | 09:15 AM
blueflht
Road Warrior

the new style is a complete floorboard wwith a brass peg that allows you to kick the pegs open. the older (cheaper) style requires you to slip your foot under the floorboard and kick the peg out. a little weird at first but doable with some practice.
yes if you corner hard with these out they will drag. but they will only fold up not dig into the ground

Old 02-06-2009 | 08:54 PM
Berndude
Tourer

again any better pictures??

Old 02-06-2009 | 09:11 PM
richnakol
Cruiser

my deqaler has a display so you can play with em. no way to get them out if your on the road if they are on stock floor boards.

Old 02-07-2009 | 12:31 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master

I want to put a set on my scoot. I think they look sweet and would be quite useful.

Old 02-07-2009 | 01:58 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by richnakol
my deqaler has a display so you can play with em. no way to get them out if your on the road if they are on stock floor boards.
Huh ??? I've had them on a lowered bike with stock floorboards for 2 years. If they are adjusted correctly they work fine. Learning how to open and close them requires a little effort that you can learn quickly. They just work a little differently then other folding pegs.

Berndude, I'll see about getting better pictures tonight.

Old 02-08-2009 | 04:32 PM
motrhd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rizzo
Huh ??? I've had them on a lowered bike with stock floorboards for 2 years. If they are adjusted correctly they work fine. Learning how to open and close them requires a little effort that you can learn quickly. They just work a little differently then other folding pegs
+1 Definately!!!!! They don't scrape, if you ride with em out and you scrape........fold em up for twisties...........DUH

Old 02-08-2009 | 06:22 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member

Here are some pics.... On the underside view, the slotted screw head adjusts the tension on the check ball that holds the peg in the lock position. You want to adjust them so they are tight enough to stay in and not rattle but loose enough you can flick them out with your toe.

Attached Thumbnails FBI jack knife highway pegs for floor boards-p1000769.jpg   FBI jack knife highway pegs for floor boards-p1000770.jpg   FBI jack knife highway pegs for floor boards-p1000772.jpg  
Old 02-09-2009 | 04:56 PM
jandt
|
Cruiser

RIZZO thanks for the pics... did you install them your self ? they dont look like they would be that big of deal to put on. also noticed the lack of scratches on outer edge. any issues of draging them in turns ?

Old 02-09-2009 | 05:05 PM
RobsSG
Cruiser
Smile FBI's

Just did this mod Saturday on my 08 SG on streamliner floorboards, took about 1.5-2 hours if you take your time. They look great and work well. I did not want to add another set of pegs to my crash bar and I wanted a clean look. This was perfect! I have short legs and it would be a stretch for me to get to the crashbar anyway. I recomend them highly. Mine pop out perfectly. I would only like to figure out a way to motorize the pegs so they slowly pop out with a flick of a switch...or add a hydrolic piston so they just flow out from under the floor board, now that would be cool! Go get them. Nice addition!

Robert

Quick Reply: FBI jack knife highway pegs for floor boards