Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Passenger Pillion

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
bdavis
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mustang Passenger Pillion

Just bought a two-piece Mustang seat. I will leave it solo most of the time, but I can't figure out how to get the pillion on. It looks like the tabs from the back of the solo seat should just slide into the pillion, but I can't get it to fit. Anyone else have this setup?

Also, I've got a couple of gripes about this seat. After spending $600, you'd think they could have sent some finish nuts to screw the seat down with. The seat also leaves part of the frame exposed which was covered by the stock seat. It's not a big deal, but it looked better covered. (And yes, this is the right seat model for my Street Glide).

Thanks for any help you can give on the Pillion.

Barry

Old 02-05-2009, 11:19 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the big chrome nuts on the drivers seat fit into the tabs on the pillion. I have the same seat. Not sure why you're having problems getting it to fit. Maybe take off the drivers seat and do a dry run on the bench to see how they go together.

The problem with the frame, I'm guessing is on the front? For some reason they made the seat a bit short on mine and others on here as well. I bent the tab that extends from the tank a bit to get it to slide on to the tank more.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:22 AM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Don't know much about the pillon, about to order one myself, but Mustang does sell chrome finish nuts and fender bibs. I went through the same thing...ordered the finish nuts and mini fender bib...looks much better IMO. Not too much money...but I hear you on the finish nuts.
Don't know if you can tell much, but here's a pic.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Passenger Pillion-img_4626.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Tripper solo with the passanger pillion. The pillion has tabs that slide into the 2 bolts that hold the solo seat in place. Then the rear of the pillion is held in place by the stock scrw on the rear fender. Might want to double check their website to make sure you got the correct pillion for your application. I originally recieved the wrong solo seat for my 08.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you got your answer on the pillow. I like the smooth look of the fender w solo seat (mine Danny Grey) so I got a chrome plastic cap screw fr HD for the back screw and painted it to match fender. The DG has braket that only one bolt for the seat but I didn't like the chrome so I cut the bracket so that it just hooked and then used a round washer and cap nut painted black so it blends in. Good Luck.