Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudo's to ALI at Kuryakyn Customer Service.!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 AM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Kudo's to ALI at Kuryakyn Customer Service.!!

Hi Guys.. Settle back and read this story..

You guys that know me and have read some posts and comments from me from time to time, now that I am a general Hard *ss on crap parts and bad designs..

I have modded my bike a bit on my own to suit my own needs when I couldn't get what I was looking for.

I had problems a while back with the horn and Lenale fan stuff.
The Lenale horn that came with their fan sucked.. Sounded like a "Vespa".
I tried "Steibel" and a couple of others..
All sounded like crap.. beep beep (high winey note)

Well I settled on the Kuryakyn Hidden Horn setup after hearing it sounded good here on the forum.
I bought it online from an up north Harley Dealership.. Didn't keep the receipt, but kept the box.. Paid for it with PayPal..

Ok.. Got it here and looked at the application Kury had for their setup.. Well.. didn't think it was loud enough "Hidden" back there in between that saddle bags..

So.. I modded it to fit up front.. Took a couple of days and a bicycle part to make it work.

Now LOUD..!! up front and looking good..!!

I have put a lot of miles on it since then.. All good and a pleasant sound when beeping goodbye to the guys when we go separate ways after riding etc.

That and blowing at cages when they don't look and move..!!!

Well I got home the other night and looked down.. Dang.. One of my trumpets fell out/off.!!

I was pissed.. Hit the horn button and thought I was on a Vespa again..!!

Well I emailed Kuryakyn the next day.. Then called their customer service..

I got a nice lady on the phone.. She said they don't have individual parts like that. and asked for a receipt. I am going.. Jeez.. bought it almost 6 months ago and don't have it.
I went round and round with her about it etc. Finally after realizing I couldn't get around the "no receipt" thing.. I asked for her supervisor.

Well she wasn't in.. I was pissed and left a message for her to call.

Dang if she didn't actually call me the next day..!!! "ALI" said they reason they need the receipt was to show I had bought it new and not at some swap meet etc. or used somewhere.. I explained my situation.. She suggested I go back and look at my PayPal history to see if I could locate it.. Well I did.. about 6 months ago.. AND found where I had made a payment for that amount..($111.00) I remembered.. I copied it and emailed it to her.. OK.. She found the part ( they don't usually have them) and said it's on the way..!!!

OK.. Wow.. I sent her pictures of my setup and thanked her for being so understanding..

She enjoyed the innovation I had done and sent it up to the R&D folks to look at. COOL..

Got my trumpet section the other day.. with glue.! and all for FREE..!!!

Now I am UPTOWN AND LOUD AGAIN..!!

ALL THANKS TO ALI FROM KURYAKYN CUSTOMER SERVICE. !!!

So the moral of the story is: Save all your receipts..!!!

Some things do have a happy ending.. Thanks for reading..

Attached Thumbnails Kudo's to ALI at Kuryakyn Customer Service.!!-dsc05425.jpg   Kudo's to ALI at Kuryakyn Customer Service.!!-dsc05424.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 08:54 AM
hdpearl70
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great lookin mod and story! Haven't had any issues with Kury yet but nice to know they were able to take care of ya. Thank god for Paypal, huh?

Old 02-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you had a good experience with them on that product. I always had a good experience with them on all their products except with the hidden air horns. I had them on my 04 UC for less than a year. On a long trip of 2700 miles when I got home I noticed that the bolt that houses the horn was missing. It was properly installed with loctite etc, however the constant hitting of the horn against the rear shock broke it loose. It only has a very small space between horn & shock & as soon as you have a co-rider on it makes that separation even closer & when you hit bumps well it just beats the daylights out of the horn housing unit. My housing unit was all chewed up, one of the trumpets broke , the housing unit beat against the saddlebag etc. I called the company about this & basically was told in a nice way sorry but we can't help you.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:17 AM
RickDeVon
Banned

Kury is the best........as far as chrome products their standard is very high...........onced owned a VTX1800 and had every part they made for it on it.........I'm just a Harley junkie now.......

Attached Thumbnails Kudo's to ALI at Kuryakyn Customer Service.!!-12321385429880.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 09:39 AM
captsam54
Road Master
Thumbs up

AHH.. One of the reasons why I didn't want to mount "Hidden" as well .. I read some of the complaints about them rubbing etc. so went another direction..!!

That and the LOUDNESS issue,.,.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 313 Likes on 183 Posts

I've also dealt directly with Ali before and I've still got her direct line lol. She's a BIG help!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ali fixed me up too last week.

I too had to email her the receipt, but she then shipped new heim joints for my Kury flame shifter linkage.....That fixed it!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

so far i have had quality products from kury no problems so far-ride safe