Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unauthorized Bike Wash

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009 | 06:57 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

I'm laffin' my azz off.

Old 02-06-2009 | 07:40 AM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master

This thread is great laughin my azz off

Old 02-06-2009 | 09:12 AM
katobird
Road Warrior

What tempatures does the HD water and soap have to be at for driveway use?

If possible I'd like information at cruising speeds too and the effects of regular soap vs HD

This washing thing is scary

Old 02-06-2009 | 09:51 AM
Rhonda
Road Warrior

No TRUE Harley-Davidson owner would EVER use anything but HD products!!! I don't know how you could even post such a thing on this forum!! The SHAME of it all!!

Old 02-06-2009 | 10:05 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

That's pretty funny. You have a good sense of humor!

Old 02-06-2009 | 10:05 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member

WARNING! DO NOT GET THE HD WATER ON YOUR TIRES or SEAT! Let me explain as this is not one of those “I heard it from a guy or read it on the internet” stories. This happened to me just last weekend.

I live down here in South Texas and the weather has been pretty nice. I woke up Saturday morning and decided to wash my bike. I had bought the HD Soap, SE Bucket, 105th Edition hose and a full gallon of HD H2O from my local Dealer during their annual 20% off Christmas sale but hadn’t tried it yet. About 10am I back the bike out into the driveway and gather my supplies and a beer. I figure its Saturday and so what if it’s early, I’ve worked hard all week and deserve a beer. First I gotta tell you guys, the HD H2O really makes a difference. It is like a super surfactant, gets everything slippery as the more I washed and the more water that got on the driveway the harder it got to “skate” back to the fridge to get more beer. Every trip the driveway got slicker and harder to stay upright. Anyway about 1300hrs (1 pm for you civilians) I was finished up washing and decided to take a little trip down the road to wind dry the bike, and besides I needed to stop by the store to pickup more beer, I thought I had bought a 12 pack but I guess it was only a 6’er.

Well this is where I had my first problems with getting the Seat and Tires wet with the HD H2O. While backing the bike down the driveway I kinda slid around on the seat and almost lost control as the tires didn’t seem to grip as usual. I didn’t recognize the problems at the time but looking back I should have seen the issue. So I took off on my drying run and decided to take a back road down around the outskirts of town. As I was going past a Biker Dive that I sometime hang out I saw a friend of mine scooter parked out front. Well I decided to do a U-turn and stop in to see him and maybe have a beer or two. I didn’t want to stay long as I still had to stop by the store. Well during the U-turn I noticed again how the bike tires were not griping the road as normal; I almost dropped the bike again. So into the pub I go and hook up with my friend. We had a good time buying beers back and forth (good thing they have an ATM there). I decided it was time to leave but my friend reminded me the Dancers were about to start on stage and they had a few new girls trying out. Ok what harm can staying for 1 or 2 sets/beers cause? Its funny how “Last Call” comes around so quick. I pay my tab (again good thing they have an ATM) and head out the door.

This is where I realized just how dangerous getting the HD H2O on your seat and tires can get. As I mounted the bike it became apparent that that HD H2O had caused my seat to become SUPER Slippery as I could barely stay on the bike, almost dropped it again. So I fired up my scooter and let out the clutch while gently rolling on some throttle. The rear tire immediately lost traction and started spinning and just as sudden caught traction and caused me to shoot across the parking lot towards 2 of the girls getting off work. I tried to steer left and then right but it was like my front tire had a mind of its own. I finally gained control of the steering but over compensated causing me to do not 1 but 2 360s right in front of the girls, finally coming to rest on the crash bars. This bike had become dangerous. I called another buddy of mine who had a pickup truck to haul this monster away. The next afternoon when I woke up I started to review the past days events. As many times as I go over it in my head, the only thing I can figure is that HD H2O is so slippery it can cause a dangerous situation. I poured the remaining HD H2O and soap down the drain in an effort to not let this happen again.

I have been wondering if this has ever happened to any of you. If we see a pattern maybe we should band together and file a Class-Action Lawsuit against MOCO and their H2O division.

Last edited by AtkRWC; 02-06-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2009 | 10:11 AM
ky_ace
Road Master

Honda Wash said basically the same thing. Your car probably says to have the washer fluid filled by the dealer as well. I gaurantee SOMEONE went to the dealer and HD got a $32.99 bucket sale out of the deal!

Last edited by ky_ace; 02-06-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: proof reading
Old 02-06-2009 | 10:16 AM
ky_ace
Road Master

Originally Posted by AtkRWC
I was finished up washing and decided to take a little trip down the road to wind dry the bike, and besides I needed to stop by the store to pickup more beer, I thought I had bought a 12 pack but I guess it was only a 6’er.
DAMN man... Did you not read the instructions?? THAT must be why you're supposed to use the H-D Drying towel... to keep your drunk *** off your bike

BM

Old 02-06-2009 | 10:39 AM
TMART
Road Master

Dam,i just can't afford to wash my bike,HD hose,HD water,HD bucket,HD soap,now your telling me I got to have a HD towel.Please dont tell me I have to have a HD sponge!!

Old 02-06-2009 | 10:48 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by AtkRWC
WARNING! DO NOT GET THE HD WATER ON YOUR TIRES or SEAT! Let me explain as this is not one of those “I heard it from a guy or read it on the internet” stories. This happened to me just last weekend.

I live down here in South Texas and the weather has been pretty nice. I woke up Saturday morning and decided to wash my bike. I had bought the HD Soap, SE Bucket, 105th Edition hose and a fully gallon of HD H2O from my local Dealer during their annual 20% off Christmas sale but hadn’t tried it yet. About 10 am I back the bike out into the driveway and gather my supplies and a beer. I figure its Saturday and so what if it’s early, I’ve worked hard all weekend and deserve a beer. First I gotta tell you guys, the HD H2O really makes a difference. It is like a super surfactant, gets everything slippery as the more I washed and the more water that got on the driveway the harder it got to “skate” back to the fridge to get more beer. Every trip the driveway got slicker and harder to stay upright. Anyway about 1300hrs (1 pm for you civilians) I was finished up washing and decided to take a little trip down the road to wind dry the bike, and besides I needed to stop by the store to pickup more beer, I thought I had bought a 12 pack but I guess it was only a 6’er.

Well this is where I had my first problems with getting the Seat and Tires wet with the HD H2O. While backing the bike down the driveway I kinda slid around on the seat and almost lost control as the tires didn’t seem to grip as usual. I didn’t recognize the problems at the time but looking back I should have seen the issue. So I took off on my drying run and decided to take a back road down around the outskirts of town. As I was going past a Biker Dive that I sometime hang out I saw a friend of mine scooter parked out front. Well I decided to do a U-turn and stop in to see him and maybe have a beer or two. I didn’t want to stay long as I still had to stop by the store. Well during the U-turn I noticed again how the bike tires were not griping the road as normal; I almost dropped the bike again. So into the pub I go and hook up with my friend. We had a good time buying beers back and forth (good thing they have an ATM there). I decided it was time to leave but my friend reminded me the Dancers were about to start on stage and they had a few new girls trying out. Ok what harm can staying for 1 or 2 sets/beers cause? Its funny how “Last Call” comes around so quick. I pay my tab (again good thing they have an ATM) and head out the door.

This is where I realized just how dangerous getting the HD H2O on your seat and tires can get. As I mounted the bike it became apparent that that HD H2O had caused my seat to become SUPER Slippery as I could barely stay on the bike, almost dropped it again. So I fired up my scooter and let out the clutch while gently rolling on some throttle. The rear tire immediately lost traction and started spinning and just as sudden caught traction and caused me to shoot across the parking lot towards 2 of the girls getting off work. I tried to steer left and then right but it was like my front tire had a mind of its own. I finally gained control of the steering but over compensated causing me to do not 1 but 2 360s right in front of the girls, finally coming to rest on the crash bars. This bike had become dangerous. I called another buddy of mine who had a pickup truck to haul this monster away. The next afternoon when I woke up I started to review the past days events. As many times as I go over it in my head, the only thing I can figure is that HD H2O is so slippery it can cause a dangerous situation. I poured the remaining HD H2O and soap down the drain in an effort to not let this happen again.

I have been wondering if this has ever happened to any of you. If we see a pattern maybe we should band together and file a Class-Action Lawsuit against MOCO and their H2O division.
I've been enjoying this thread immensely, but this has to be one of my favorite posts! Thanks for the afternoon laugh (on top of the chuckles I got reading the "two guys on a bike" thread!).

Quick Reply: Unauthorized Bike Wash