Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unauthorized Bike Wash

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009 | 02:52 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior

First, it has taken me 40 posts and a half a day to get off the floor from laughing so hard. Clint, you killed me on that one.

But..... After I got off the floor, I got worried that I might have voided the water and paint warranties on my 2001 RK, and decided to call HD about this. Within the past hour, HD has sent a road crew out to my house and dug up my lawn, installed all new HD pipes from the water main to my house, and now wants to redo all the interior plumbing from the heater to the garage. Do you think I should let them get in my house. I'm worried abo...........????

Wait, someone is knocking on my door.... He has a HD shirt on...... And a clip board...... knocking again.....

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 02-05-2009 | 03:03 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Problem can be rectified by MOCO authorized wash team............

Old 02-05-2009 | 03:09 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

It's been a long winter.....................

Old 02-05-2009 | 03:14 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

I hope you didn't use any of that damn Canadian METRIC water.... that stuff's TOXIC

Old 02-05-2009 | 03:15 PM
swomack
Road Master

You can use H-D toilet paper to dry the bike. BTW do you know where I can buy H-D gas?

Old 02-05-2009 | 03:18 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

I had a real bad case of HD gas the day I ate at the Harley diner. Believe me - you don't want any of that!

Old 02-05-2009 | 03:30 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain

on a serious note. Does anyone but me think that harley has gone way too far with the oil and other crap they want to sell? Why not give their customers a spec. for motor oil so that they can choose themselves. They could sell Mobil one and several other good brands and get a small royalty for approving the product. As far as cleaning supplies, they could let the dealers decide what will sell best.

Old 02-05-2009 | 03:46 PM
Jon H
Road Master

Originally Posted by Clint55
Actually, the HD water is not a concentrate, it is freeze-dried. Just add 1 gallon of regular water and stir thouroghly to get 1 gallon of HD water.
Almost all know this. This is the same as top secret. This is viewed as info that should not be told to anyone, for fear of 'letting the cat out of the bag".
Your friends know this, and they think you do too.
The only way to tell if a person is in the 'know' is to use your hand and fingers to make the letter F [for freeze-dried] in front of your forehead.
If they don't respond, that's just because the are shy. These new friends should be approached gently. Don't discuss this until they return the 'code'.

Old 02-05-2009 | 04:31 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

You would have been fine if you hadn't ratted yourself out on this Forum. The MOCO ****'s are constantly watching what goes on here, and now you can Kiss that Warranty goodbye. And they've got it writing from you that you knew better. Shame on ya, and from now on, MUMS the word....

Old 02-05-2009 | 06:48 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

Do you walk under ladders and step on cracks too? You are tempting fate, bro.
LOL

Chuck

Quick Reply: Unauthorized Bike Wash