Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me or ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009 | 09:05 AM
deadbug
Cruiser

It's 8 degree's outside right now and warming up to a whopping 19 today.

even if it does warm up briefly there's so much salt and sand everywhere
I wouldn't ride a dirt bike right now......

CAN'T GO AWAY SOON ENOUGH...........AAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2009 | 09:10 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cryptoboy
I'd had it this winter too! Yesterday it got up to 86 degrees, and I couldn't ride because I was working! Very frustrating!

Don't worry, I'll be b!tching come July timeframe. "Is anyone else pissed it's too hot to ride? I'm sick of the low being 105 degrees, at 4am!!"

You were probably one of those rotten buggers that was out riding in December when I was visiting my folks during the holidays. Every time I turned a corner, as we were out driving around, there goes another bike...

...is it late March yet?

Old 02-05-2009 | 09:13 AM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior

Moved from Indiana to North Carolina. We ride 10 months out of the year. Snowed here for the first time in 7 years. I guess it's the Global warming (cooling) that everyone talks about. Maybe you should ask Santa Claus for some heated gear....sounds like you need it. Ride safe!

Old 02-05-2009 | 09:26 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior

I need to ask Santa for a job down south.

Old 02-05-2009 | 12:38 PM
roadking 3239
Intermediate

I too reside in the beautiful state of Mich. DAMN sick of the snow and cold to say the least. I did start my bike last weekend, just to hear the "ole girl" We had a nice little chat before I shut er down. HA!! My wife thinks I'm nuts. Only a couple more months and then it will be "Blessing of the Bikes" up at Baldwin. Can't wait.

Old 02-05-2009 | 04:45 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Believe me when I say: "It ain't just you"... I'm hatin' this long winter, and I want to be out riding in the worst way.. Cabin fever settin' it, yellin' at the wife, kickin' at the dog, and shootin' at the neighbors.... Come on Spring.....

Old 02-05-2009 | 04:49 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

They just reported on the TV that we now have 23" of snow on the ground at the airport, which is the highest amount ever recorded in weather history.

[sigh] I wish this winter would end already...

Only bright spot is the warmup coming on Saturday (48 deg, it was -6 this morning!). 40's most of next week, hopefully most of the snow pack will melt.

I'm ready to ride already!!!

Old 02-05-2009 | 05:18 PM
oley55
Road Captain

I've already been beat up pretty good in some earlier posts, but it is damn cold and it is beginning to get old. this is JAX Florida (well mostly south Georgia) but riden to work the last three monings, 39, 28, and this morning 21, is just about over the edge. supposed to be 18 tomorrow morning, and I'm riden to work. although compared to many, I will not complain, at least I don't have to even think about riding over salted roads. now that sucks.

Old 02-05-2009 | 05:45 PM
HHI Dave
Tourer

That's why I love living on the southern SC coast. We've had a cold snap the last couple of days but should see 70's by this weekend. I'm planning to go wakeboarding on Monday.

Spring comes in March, and it stays warm until November. The trade off of course is the sweltering heat and oppressive humidity during the summer. By the time August rolls around, I'm always looking forward to some colder weather. But hey, at least we don't have to shovel "heat".

Old 02-05-2009 | 05:51 PM
fatboydeluxe
Stage IV

I agree with you on the cabin fever. It got to 23 degrees today in Indiana and theres still 6in of snow on the ground. Good thing is its down hill from here.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or ????