Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Helmets

I am in need of a new helmet and would like your opinion on these 2 that I am considering.

1) Polo from CarbonFiberHelmets.com - $175
2) HCI 105 Polo from MaxHelmetSupply.com for $99

To my understanding, they are both real carbon fiber, both lightweight and both sit low so you don't get the mushroom look. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on the CarbonFiberHelmets.com Polo when I came across the HCI helmet.

Any first hand experience and comments about fit, finish, pros & cons would be appreciated.

John

Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The wife & I both have the Polo Carbon Fiber helmets.

I have no problem with them except that if I were to do it again I'd have it made with the D-Rings rather than the plastic disconnects. In my opinion I think the DOT disconnects are rather large.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the HCI helmet. I didn't want to wait 8 weeks for the carbonfiberhelmt.com, so I bought this one. It's comfortable and I can wear it all day without noticing. It's a good quality helmet. Be glad to send you pics of it if you want.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:19 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

[Alien Spyder] What's the comfort level and do they really sit low on your head?

[FLHTCU Owner]I would ike to see some pics of the HCI if you wouldn't mind. I also just learned that if you put the quick release on your lid that it renders it NON DOT. Has anyone heard that?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 AM
SA315B
Road Captain

Polo style limits your options. Look at the HCI 100 series, at least you can snap a face shield on if you get caught in the rain.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:55 AM
crapgame
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets see the pics on ur mug FLHTCU Owner i want to see the fit.
thanks
Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
I have the HCI helmet. I didn't want to wait 8 weeks for the carbonfiberhelmt.com, so I bought this one. It's comfortable and I can wear it all day without noticing. It's a good quality helmet. Be glad to send you pics of it if you want.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:26 AM
TRVSDAD
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Carbon Fiber from Carbon Fiber Helmets.com for myself and my wife. Both are DOT and half helmets without the visor. Look cool and fit well. Have had them for almost three years with no issues. Both are candy apple red.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:36 AM
gmurdock
Tourer

I also have the Carbon Fiber from Carbon Fiber Helmets.com I live in central Florida so I just went to the shop & bought it. They had it in stock I went for the black carbon fiber. Light & OK for when I wear a helmet. Road up to Tenn. last summer with it & liked it.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 AM
ky_ace
Road Master

I was wondering about the styling of these helmets. Do they contain padding like an HJC CL-2 model or is it just a CF shell??

Old 02-04-2009, 11:54 AM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife has tried both and likes the HCI Polo better. Both have very good carbon fiber finishes. While the polo from carbonfiberhelmets is a bit smaller but she thought the liner and chin strap on the HCI was far superior to the carbonfiberhelmet. HCI has a normal helmet liner and the carbonfiberhelmet has some different sized (thickness) foam pads that you can vlecro in to your desired fit. The customer service at carbonfiberhelmets is by far the best that I have experienced with any purchase having to do with motorcycling......and we even returned the helmet.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Helmets