Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 01:03 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

polos may not be very aerodynamic. many i see around here wear them backwards to catch less air.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:34 PM
FXDIinMD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

checkout Daytona Helmets carbon fiber offering. adjustable chin strap with d-rings... visor.... excellent finish.

i ordered a helmet from Carbon fiber helmets and was disappointed at the workmanship so it got returned... no problem returning it.

here's a pic of my Daytona carbon fiber

Old 02-04-2009, 01:48 PM
ky_ace
Road Master

nice lookin' lid

Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,773 Likes on 468 Posts

Got 2 ACC and love 'em !

Old 02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the hci is a fiberglass helmet with carbon fiber overlay. the acc is a true full carbon fiber helmet. you are comparing apples to oranges
i tried a polo and didnt like the fit. i was right inbetween a medium and a small. so i returned it for a polo small. didnt like the look returned it for a small half shell. never any issues with the returns fantastic customer support. found the half shell to be the lightest most comfortable helmet i ever wore.

i also agree to getting the d rings instead of the quick disconnect. i rides a little low for my taste. when im in orlando i intend on having them move the quick up 2 " or install d rings
also look at the way acc constructs their helmets. full pressureized construction. noone else does this. 10 times stronger than a glass helmet

Last edited by blueflht; 02-04-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:16 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another happy acc wearer here.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:43 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Hate the "Kazoo" helmets.

Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber Helmets-threadisworthlessgv3.jpg  
Old 02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe the ACC's are made of Kevlar/Carbon. Best of both worlds as far as strength and weight.
+ 1 on the d rings I've had mine for 2 years and still can't get used to the quick loc.
I love mine - would buy it again in a second.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blueflht
the hci is a fiberglass helmet with carbon fiber overlay. the acc is a true full carbon fiber helmet. you are comparing apples to oranges
i tried a polo and didnt like the fit. i was right inbetween a medium and a small. so i returned it for a polo small. didnt like the look returned it for a small half shell. never any issues with the returns fantastic customer support. found the half shell to be the lightest most comfortable helmet i ever wore.

i also agree to getting the d rings instead of the quick disconnect. i rides a little low for my taste. when im in orlando i intend on having them move the quick up 2 " or install d rings
also look at the way acc constructs their helmets. full pressureized construction. noone else does this. 10 times stronger than a glass helmet
This is the kind of info I was looking for because I wasn't sure if I was comparing apples to apples. I was leaning towards ACC anyway, there was a good write up about them last month in American Iron. I am having second thoughts about the Polo now, but I think I will be going with ACC.

Thanks for everybody's input. I appreciate it.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my HCI polo. Great fit, nice and light and doesnt have the velcro pads like the carbonfiberhelmets.com. IMO the carbon fiber helmets padding system is a cheep way out for a helmet that is pretty pricy.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Helmets