Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vega Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 01:20 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Vega Helmet

Anybody wearing a vega Half helmet? What's your opinion? Seems Like a good price and can get ear muffs with the Vega Solid. aMine took a fall on concret today, so I'm looking at that or going to the HD brand.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 AM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Someone in another thread was looking at an Outlaw helmet, and I posted my review of the Vega there, here's a copy, this one is the leather one, I realize you didn't ask for that specifically:

I know you're interested in the wholesale price point, but FWIW, Vega makes a very similar helmet w/ a very similar retail price point.

Reason I mention it, I personally am not fond of the seemingly large white OUTLAW sticker or whatever that is on the back of the helmet in those pictures on that site. If that is not easily removed, I'd check out the Vega, has a cool graphite color emblem on the back that says DOT on it, but no other big brand stickers or badges.

One thing I found at a local indy shop is the vegas you can get inserts for the ears for colder riding, and you can swap out the visor w/ a face shield that could be stored in a bag for bad weather, or real cold ride... they also have some w/ no visor/shield, and other types. So far, of the ones I've been able to physically try on in a store, it's the most low profile non-mushroom helmet I've tried on my big head, and still DOT.

http://www.vegahelmet.com/xts.html

Scroll down, and see multi colored leather, or further down for plain black leather.

This one below is one of the colored options, but shows the DOT emblem I speak of, and no other stickers on back, more subtle imo...

karz
I'm waiting for my indy shop to get an XL in for me to try on again to be sure. The L is ok, but on their site for sizing, I'm on the border of XL anyway, and I remember the first time liking the XL better. So he wants like $60 for one I think and he's the only place I could try one on, so if I buy it, I'll probably buy it there, after I try it on again.

The only thing I remember on the XL was I felt my head sucking the top of the liner down as I pulled it off, but who knows how long that thing was on the floor. I noticed the L I just tried on the other day did not do that, so it's either a size thing, or the old floor model I tried on before.

The only thing I would wish for was some sort of washable/removable liner, but I don't know, I just want one that fits and is low profile.

I've seen people recommend others like Daytona or Carbon Fiber, but I can't try them on anywhere around here, so I'm leaning toward the Vega.

What kind of price are you seeing locally, or are you shopping online?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:15 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i believe mine is the vega half helment very inexpensive and i have no problem with it but i hardley ever where it. Really if i was going to wear a helmet all the time due to a state law i would buy the closest fitting half helmet i could find like a carbon fiber. But since i only were the vega when i go out of state i bought cheap and its just fine.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:06 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Vega is by far the best looking half helmet for the cost. I tryed on every helmet I could find at bike shows, even the carbon fiber $$$ ones. Both the wife and I got the vega half helmets and when we ride in areas that require helmets, they are light, stay put, and don't look to bad either.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Vega XTS I wear when I'm in helmet states. Nice helmet and a great price. The Helmet House in Daytona has a good stock and price on these.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 AM
jchill
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try Iron Pony ion-line at http://www.ironpony.com/ Yhey have Vega half helmets on sale. most expensive is $29.99. Since I'm local, thats where I have bought my helmets, Frog Togs, chaps etc. Saved a ton of money. And I think shipping is free if order is over $100.00