Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Badlander seats**

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 07:05 PM
BigFokker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pidnaul
srtipper?? pics any where?
Sorry for the mis-spell, it's a stripper. It's the seat that is in my sig pic. PM me your email address and I'll snap a pic or two and send them to you.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
00Classic
Stage I

The badlander is nice if your taller, it definently gives you more room. Just don't expect to haul any booty around with you. I rode from Tampa to Tallahassee on mine, making just one stop. Let me tell ya I was hurtn' when I got there. Bought a nice touring seat on e-bay when I got back. Love the seat though for beatn around town though.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:19 PM
cudski
Cruiser

Its great for around town solo riding....its terrible for 2 up and long distance IMO

Old 02-24-2009, 07:49 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

I love my Badlander seat

Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm 5'8", torso and arms are a bit longer than average for other 5'8"er's out there. Not sure about your height, but I'm providing mine for comparison since I have an '09 RK.

On an '09 stock RKC, I was sitting too high. I had my bike lowered an inch. It was much better, but with stock seat, still wanted to get more flat footed.

Tried the Reach seat...awful...sat me way too close to the handlebars.

Ended up with a HD Badlander, HD Sundowner, and finally a Mustang Solo (Vintage) w/ backrest.

Originally, the Badlander was my go-to seat for fit and comfort around town. But, I needed a backrest (bad back), and was concerned about butt comfort on long rides. So, I started looking at other options.

Mustang didn't have '09 seats available yet so I got a HD Sundowner. It's a bit higher than the Badlander, but lower than the Stock. I've only used in on a 200 mile ride and it was comfortable. It works with the HD Backrests. I don't care for the looks of it because the passenger seat is huge, but for touring, esp w/ a passenger, it'd probably be comfy. Since I ride solo, I'll probably only use it when I want to load up my passenger seat with luggage.

Mustang came out with the '09 seats in Dec and I got one for Xmas. This is now my go-to seat as I prefer it for looks, fit and comfort on daily and long rides. For versatility, you can buy a passenger pillon. It's also available in a one piece 2-up. I've ended up keeping the Solo on the bike most of the time. The downside to this seat is the solo does not work with the HD Backrests. I am pretty sure the Mustang 2-ups do though.

Corbin does not have stock on the '09 RK seats YET, but according to their website, they're in molding and should be available very soon. I believe they will only work with Corbin backrests.

You can look at photos of the seats on the bike in my gallery. I don't have a pic of the Sundowner though.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Best looking seat they make IMHO... Worst riding seat they make IMHO...

Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Screamin Steve
Cruiser

Had one on my old Fatboy for two hours and back to the dealer it went. OUCH!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:42 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Soft azzes make sore azzes

Old 02-25-2009, 05:55 PM
1ironhead
Cruiser

Had one on a Streetbob.I loved it.The wife was OK on short runs.I rode solo most of the time.I'm gonna stick with the stock SG seat for a while though.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:01 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

great looking seat til you ride it for a day, like others said, little or no padding and that means ouch after a long haul.

Quick Reply: **Badlander seats**