Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried brightasslights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 PM
WORKD4IT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone tried brightasslights?

Has anyone put one of these on their bike? Might have to try thathttp://http://www.brightasslights.com/site/

Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 PM
MattInFla
Road Master

The dealership by me has a bright *** light display - it's definitely bright....

Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 PM
ms3300
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they had them at Rossmeyer's in Ormond Beach, Florida. definately bright and seemed well made..just didn't wanna pay 200.00 for them. if I remember right they were plug in play, which almost made me wanna buy them. if you go with them, let me know how you like it.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 PM
WORKD4IT
Road Captain

If you watch the video on the site... man, that light is insane! Me likey...

Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Daves Not Here!
Cruiser

They look great, is there an on-line dealer that sells them?

Old 02-02-2009, 08:24 PM
pastorralph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Those would be excellent if you rode in rush hour traffic every day. Keep folks off your um, uh, *ss.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:36 PM
tpseabird
Advanced

I went with LED's from Custom Dynamics after endless hours of research. Their lights are insanely bright and do not wash out in the sunlight! The glow around my bike at night is crazy; no one will miss me on the highway. Best yet, they have fast delivery and absolutely fantastic customer service.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Dustydog
Intermediate

I put on on my Ultra. First time I rode with it I had someone come up and ask if it was a brightasslight. It makes you stand out.

It also has a mode and brightness adjustment.

I would buy it again

Old 02-03-2009, 01:40 AM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tpseabird
I went with LED's from Custom Dynamics after endless hours of research. Their lights are insanely bright and do not wash out in the sunlight! The glow around my bike at night is crazy; no one will miss me on the highway. Best yet, they have fast delivery and absolutely fantastic customer service.

Did you go w/ one of the laydown options w/ 48 LEDs, or the full size OEM replacement w/ 136 LEDs?

Was it plug and play, or did you have to do any wiring, or adding modules?

I saw the HD one was plug and play, but has only 20 LEDs for like $140, while the laydown one on CD's site w/ 48 LEDs was like $130, while the full size 136 LED unit was like $180.

I looked at the brightasslights website, and it looks cool, but I don't know how to compare their number of LEDs, the BAL1 says it has 4 Super LEDs, while the Public Safety BAL2 has 12 Super LEDs. Note that the video is of the BAL2 w/ 3 times as many LEDs as the general public version BAL1. Also, it's the most expensive at $200, and only seems to come in red, no smoked or clear options for the monochrome look.

I have an 03 RKC and it already has a HD Run/Brake/Turn, so I'm looking for a way to beef up the brake light over running light, but will probably leave the turns alone, and just do a better taillight.

I read a review of the HD LED light, and people liked it, but then some saw the Custom Dynamics and realized how much brighter they are. I also looked at the Kury Panacea, but I don't like the turn function in the taillight itself, I just want that to be bright red and show I'm stopping.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Daman
Stage I

Originally Posted by karz10
Did you go w/ one of the laydown options w/ 48 LEDs, or the full size OEM replacement w/ 136 LEDs?

Was it plug and play, or did you have to do any wiring, or adding modules?

I saw the HD one was plug and play, but has only 20 LEDs for like $140, while the laydown one on CD's site w/ 48 LEDs was like $130, while the full size 136 LED unit was like $180.

I looked at the brightasslights website, and it looks cool, but I don't know how to compare their number of LEDs, the BAL1 says it has 4 Super LEDs, while the Public Safety BAL2 has 12 Super LEDs. Note that the video is of the BAL2 w/ 3 times as many LEDs as the general public version BAL1. Also, it's the most expensive at $200, and only seems to come in red, no smoked or clear options for the monochrome look.

I have an 03 RKC and it already has a HD Run/Brake/Turn, so I'm looking for a way to beef up the brake light over running light, but will probably leave the turns alone, and just do a better taillight.

I read a review of the HD LED light, and people liked it, but then some saw the Custom Dynamics and realized how much brighter they are. I also looked at the Kury Panacea, but I don't like the turn function in the taillight itself, I just want that to be bright red and show I'm stopping.

Hey my friend just put a smoke laydown on his bike from brightasslights. I guess he asked for it and they custom made one for him.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried brightasslights?