Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Road Zeppelin Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:19 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harley Road Zeppelin Seat?

Have 3 seats for my 0r FLHT. Stock, ok for long trips, sundowner, ok for long trips, and another sundowner with a shollower bucket and passenger, like a street glide seat. All 3 came with the bike and Like I said, the stock comfort stitch is pretty good for long rides and the other two aren't really bad either. But Dam that road zeppelin sure looks comfy. I have a king tour pack etc. They're real expensive though, are they worth it? Like I said, my other seats aren't bad, but there's always something better.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had, on my '07 for about 2 months, a Road Zeppelin Air Adjustable Leather seat and I can tell ya that I really wish they had one for the '09 bikes...it was VERY comfortable and if you felt like you needed a change you just added or removed air from the appropriate air bladder (3 for driver , 2 for passenger) and instant change.

The only drawback to the Zeppelin is that it raises you up about 1-1/2" higher than stock, so if you're short or have short legs, it may pose a problem.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a Road Zeppelin off this forum before I took my 07 UC out for the first time. I have never used my Comfort Stitch! Being able to change seat pressure points on the fly is phenomenal! I'm 6'2" so the added heighth doesn't bother me. I for one don't think you will regret getting one.

Arvid

Old 02-02-2009, 09:25 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Arvid
I got a Road Zeppelin off this forum before I took my 07 UC out for the first time. I have never used my Comfort Stitch! Being able to change seat pressure points on the fly is phenomenal! I'm 6'2" so the added heighth doesn't bother me. I for one don't think you will regret getting one.

Arvid
Hey Bubblehead,
I completely agree with you! During the 2 mos I had mine (before the accident), I put 3300 miles on my bike and absolutely loved it.

When the accident happened, I was really bummed (well, more than that, but suffice to say, the last 9+ mos have really sucked)!

(I'm a former bubblehead too; STS2(SS), both Atlantic & Pacific Fleets)

Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leather Zep is hands down the best seat I ever had on my H~D and the passenger loves the extra room even though she weighs 110lbs.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

You can have mine, that is, if you pry it off my cold, dead ***.

Love that thing!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Theakerr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must be the lone nay sayer although on previous posts I know there are others who feel like me. I found in comfort it was no improvement over stock. In fact I think stock was marginally better. Further, not only did it raise me up (as mentioned) but it also splayed my legs more so that I actually had trouble getting both feet on the ground. Normally not a problem but with the wife on???? speaking of wife, she did not like it at all. Again an opinion shared by other passengers. Good news is if you buy one and do not like it there is a ready market out there who will buy it. Sold mine no problem at all.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,753 Likes on 462 Posts

Got it, very comfy, wife loves it....I HATE THE LOOKS!!! Looks like a frickin' sofa. It looks hideous. Good thing for me I don't care when people laugh at it, it's my butt. Having said that, I still take a Saddlemens gel pad and use it on trips too, on top of the Zep. It does spread your legs at stops. I'm 6'0" and 170lb.'s and it spreads me out. Also, it feels like I'm riding on top of the gas tank. But, the bottom line is, less achey booty when I get there.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Berndude
Tourer

Funny story about a road Zepplin I have to relay, a friend of mine who fancies himself a road captain used to have one of those seats on his 2000 Ultra, as he was leading us in a ride going into whats called "The Rock Store" here in LA (Where lots of Harley and even more Kamakazi riders hang out) he pulled up and forgot to let out the air out of the seat (With the seat full his legs were so short that he could barely touch the ground). Needless to say his bike went over and so did a few others as a result.

Kinda embaressed our whole group, after the second time at Cooks Corner we made him remove the seat or he could not lead anymore rides!!

So if you are short this may not be the seat for you.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:25 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

We have a Road Zep I bought for half price on eBay. Love it, but it did put my lady up in the wind a lot more. It is about 4 inches wider than the stock Ultra seat, which really helps spread the load, but for those with a short inseam it could be a problem.

Also, don't ever forget to bleed the air out if you leave your bike in the sun. Mine swelled up like a balloon and stretched the leather-- A LOT.

Quick Reply: Harley Road Zeppelin Seat?