Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Road Zeppelin Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

What about getting one of your current seats a good treatment. Gel, memory foam, air?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:48 PM
TrailofMountainSpirits
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Zeppelin will not hold inflation

We bought a Road Zeppelin seat in March for me to use on the back for our long rides. We've been trying to use it for a month now on our long weekend rides (averaging 700-1,000 miles a weekend), but it will not hold the inflation for more than an hour!

Question: Other experiences with this seat? Do we have a defective seat that needs to be exchanged, or is this design faulty and unable to hold the inflation for any length of time?

Yes we've checked all the working parts. I'm of average weight/build, it should not be a problem. Very disappointing for $140, and wondering whether to exchange or seek a refund. Anyone got a better seat to suggest for long rides? We also have a gel/sheepskin seat cushion, but that really doesn't cut it after 2-3 hours either. Thanks!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Normally when someone spends a LOT of money on something, they want to say good things about it. I bought mine used on eBay, got it for $400. Best $400 I spent on my ride. My wife loves it, I like it (can't make myself say I love a seat). On long trips, you can change the air pressure, the slightest change can make a big difference. My wife still chooses to use a supplemental air bladder seat, she has a tender ****.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:11 PM
X Iron Butt
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dvldg 66
I just bought a Road zeppelin for my 09UC but the plug I found on the bike the prongs do not match to the one on the seat, The seat came off an 07 fits like a glove.just had to modified the tongue in the front u, but the plug is the same as the 09 seat. Help please!
It is a HD seat the dealer should be able to hook you up with the pins and plug housing.

Originally Posted by TrailofMountainSpirits
We bought a Road Zeppelin seat in March for me to use on the back for our long rides. We've been trying to use it for a month now on our long weekend rides (averaging 700-1,000 miles a weekend), but it will not hold the inflation for more than an hour!

Question: Other experiences with this seat? Do we have a defective seat that needs to be exchanged, or is this design faulty and unable to hold the inflation for any length of time?

Yes we've checked all the working parts. I'm of average weight/build, it should not be a problem. Very disappointing for $140, and wondering whether to exchange or seek a refund. Anyone got a better seat to suggest for long rides? We also have a gel/sheepskin seat cushion, but that really doesn't cut it after 2-3 hours either. Thanks!
You sure you are talking about the same seat. The Zep is $900 new. Mine does not leak down. Can be fixed through dealer for a flat fee I think.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Steady Eddy
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TrailofMountainSpirits

Sounds to me like you're talking about the Zeppelin CUSHION, not the SEAT. The cushion that we bought for my wife lost air quickly. Found that it had a defective poppet valve in the inflation bulb. Took it back to the dealer (12 month warranty) and they gave us a new one. No problems now.
ed