Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:28 AM
The Old Man
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!

Have any of your guys tried that new dash mount for the 550 zumo and if so was it hard to install and do you like it?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 02-02-2009, 08:09 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For Whats it worth....My handlebar mount works well, I looked at this and reminds me of switching radio stations....."the reach".......Handlebar is in the comfort zone.

Attached Thumbnails harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!-2007-wduals-9-.jpg  

Last edited by katobird; 04-23-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:12 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Ditto on that...

Old 02-02-2009, 08:19 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd have to agree, I used the factory mount that came with the Zumo and it works great. Good location and is very sturdy.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to agree with the other posters. I looked at this and don't see it as an improvement over the supplied RAM handlebar mount and location.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't tried the HD inner fairing mount, but before they came out with it I installed my 550 in the fairing a little above & to the left of where they show the HD mount. What I did was bought the HD handlebar mount & used that to attch the zumo mount to it. Wired the gps directly to the lighter. I like it there because it is easy to read & has a professional looking appearance. JMHO!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default zumo faring mount

Originally Posted by The Old Man
Have any of your guys tried that new dash mount for the 550 zumo and if so was it hard to install and do you like it?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
I'm waiting to see one in person because I personally think all the other mounts leave a lot to be desired. i.e.
Not in line of sight
Not a pleasing look when GPS is not mounted

Old 02-02-2009, 10:42 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too like my handlebar mount, but I stopped by the dealer on Saturday to take a look at one to see if I might like it and they didn't have any in stock. The parts guy said they were on order but he didn't expect them in for a couple of more weeks.

I like the clean look of it, but it would move it further away from me making it harder to read and to reach. I think I would have to sit on a bike with one mounted and play with it before I made up my mind.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
I too like my handlebar mount, but I stopped by the dealer on Saturday to take a look at one to see if I might like it and they didn't have any in stock. The parts guy said they were on order but he didn't expect them in for a couple of more weeks.

I like the clean look of it, but it would move it further away from me making it harder to read and to reach. I think I would have to sit on a bike with one mounted and play with it before I made up my mind.
That's the only thing I'm worried about, the longer reach. I like that it will be more in the line of sight, I just have to glance down to read the GPS versus looking left and down. I guess I'll have to wait for the opinions here as they get into the market.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Berndude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I have to say its about time someone addresses the issue of all the crap getting mounted on handlebars, it takes away the asthetics of the bike to begin with and starts to look cluttered. This isnt the pretiest but goes a long way towards making it look "factory"

At least this does look fairly professional. Regarding being able to read it, at least your not looking down at it and away from the road, this way you can look at the road while driving.

As far as programming it goes I believe they all warn you not to program it while moving. On a bike you especially endanger yourself, your passenger if you have one and others around you by performing this function.

How many of us have almost been run off the road ourselves by people texting or using a cell phone while driving? Programming this while riding makes us no better than those people!

Quick Reply: harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!