Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:51 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capt775
Hell, I've even asked for directions before.
Okay...Hand over your "man-card"...you've just violated that rule!

LMAO

Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 PM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I used the empty hole where the mirror stem would be on my 09 SG.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EricW
I did my Zumo on my FLHX with the fairing mount. It was easy, had a drill template and straight forward instructions. Dont have it mounted most of the time, and the cover looks good when the unit is stored. Im happy with the placement and view as well. Have a good one. EW

How about a picture of just the mount?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:21 PM
baucom1
Cruiser

Handlebar mount for me and wired to the extra plug at the headlights under the fairing.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:42 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I installed one on Clutchglass's 09 ultra, it was a breeze and he seems pleased, I know when I get mine I'll use the dash mount also....

Old 12-03-2009, 06:20 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is not a 550, but a Street Pilot but you get the picture. I mounted in the middle of the fairing. Its almost like a heads up display. You don't have to take your eyes off the road to read it. I have senct changed the SP 2610 with a SP 2720 but it's mounted in the same place. I made my on mounting bracket.

Attached Thumbnails harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!-v-and-h-mufflers-054-small-.jpg  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:44 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd like to put a Zumo 660 on my 2011 Street Glide.

I can't put it on the sides of the Batwing fairing, as that's where my two tweeters will go.

I like the idea of using the Zumo mounting cradle (that has the clip-on cover when the actual 660 unit is not being used).

Can the Zumo cradle be mounted in the center of the Batwing, in between the speedo & tach?

Thanks

Old 04-23-2011, 05:24 AM
bikehe
Tourer

I wanted to fit another screen to my bike but the zumo mounted on the l/h dash fairing caused me a problem in that it wouldnt fit. My simple fix was to unscrew the gps off the bracket. I got a piece of 3mm stainless plate and shaped it to the exact same size as the face of the mount so it fitted perfectly to cover it. Then drilled 4 new holes in the plate so I could screw the plate back on the base, but first made a cardboard template of the 4 holes I just drilled for the next step. Using the template, mark 4 new holes on the plate, I just mounted, and drill and tap the holes to take the gps and screw the gps back on. Painted it black as well. This lowered the gps by about 3/4 inch and allowed me to fit the new screen. It may work for the klockwerks screen too.

Last edited by bikehe; 04-23-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:57 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bikehe
I wanted to fit another screen to my bike but the zumo mounted on the l/h dash fairing caused me a problem in that it wouldnt fit. My simple fix was to unscrew the gps off the bracket. I got a piece of 3mm stainless plate and shaped it to the exact same size as the face of the mount so it fitted perfectly to cover it. Then drilled 4 new holes in the plate so I could screw the plate back on the base, but first made a cardboard template of the 4 holes I just drilled for the next step. Using the template, mark 4 new holes on the plate, I just mounted, and drill and tap the holes to take the gps and screw the gps back on. Painted it black as well. This lowered the gps by about 3/4 inch and allowed me to fit the new screen. It may work for the klockwerks screen too.
Do you have a pic of this rig?
Thanks

Old 04-24-2011, 08:51 AM
bikehe
Tourer

Originally Posted by drspencer
Do you have a pic of this rig?
Thanks
Here you go, hope this helps with my explanation. The shield is a v-stream and there was no way I could have fitted the screen or removed the gps from the bracket without lowering it. In the second pic there are washers through the bolts holding the gps on the plate made, to make clearance for the bolt heads holding the plate to the dash bracket. I filed the bolt heads slightly as well to take the top of the lobe off them so I didnt have to use so many washers. Hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!-dscf1110.jpg   harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!-dscf1114.jpg   harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!-dscf1113.jpg   harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!-dscf1111.jpg  

Last edited by bikehe; 04-24-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!