Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't seen one but I have the Quest II with the Harley faring mount and really like it and its not hard to use and easy to see.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by capt775
Well, I keep my road atlas in my tour pac .........................
This may sound stupid but, maps don't tell you where you are at the present time. When I'm in Houston and have been driving here and there for 30 minutes, it's nice to know in an instant where I'm at, in relation to where I want to go.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Bilboy
Advanced

Has anyone tried using the Bluetooth feature yet? It seems that would be the best way to watch the road and get directions from your Zumo. I just purchased one and was just wondering.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:18 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

I just use the Blue toothe to screen my calls. I am riding I don't want to talk to anyone that I don't have to. I have never tried to use the phone through it though.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:46 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default got bar mount

I just bought handle bar mount for my zumo from harley --the ram mount stuck to up in the air. hardest part was running wiring to the fuse box like the instruction said. thought of using the sig lighter but the fuse would have been hard to get at. what a pain in the a trying to get the fuse box off under the seat and then pull of the orange cover over fuse holes so you can push the wire terminal into the fuse box. pull tank off the run wire under the plastic tank rest wasnt too bad of a job.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 PM
scarygt
Road Master

I temporarily stuck my tom tom in the center of my fairing this past summer and I liked it there. It wasn't really all that hard to reach and I liked it being right in front of me.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:59 PM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

using the H-D handlebar mount and i took the time to run wires the correct way and hooked it up to the fuse block

Old 02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
HilllBillly
Cruiser

I hear people talking about how hard it is to reach a fairing mounted GPS -- how short are you guys? its not much further than hitting the reset button on speedo LOL

Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 AM
mymatrix
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too hate LOOKING away from the road road to process the info on my GPS. It's not the same as glancing at the scenery and taking it in.

This is my solution:

Old 11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
firechief510
Stage III

I purchased and installed last week. I had the handle bar mount and did not like it blocking the left speaker. The new mount is simple enough to mount. I did not want to drill the wiring hole due to it 17mm size so cut the harness near the fuse and solder them back after running through a much smaller hole. Mount is very strong and placement is great. You can still see the fuel gauge and the speaker is clear. Only draw back would be if you had a three bag in the windscreen. Only two bags or a center bag will work. I have an 09' FLHX

Quick Reply: harleys in dash mount for the 550 zumo!