Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:57 AM
dlrshort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed

A friend and I (thanks Kevin) installed the new Pod with tweeters on my '09 SG. Installation was very smooth and straight forward. We also swapped out the Hog Tunes replacement speakers for the stock HD which added immensely to the sound. The look of the unit really enhances the look of the bike IMO. Some pics of the install have been added.

Soft towels or socks can be placed over the accessory lighting so that when the fairing is removed you won't scratch anything. The handle bars are turned to either side and the lower fairing screws are removed. The top screws on the seat side are also removed. The outer windshield screws are removed then, leaving the center screw which is removed last before the outer fairing is dropped.

Attached Thumbnails Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-1.front-view.jpg   Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-2.low-faring-screw.jpg   Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-3.up-fairing-screw.jpg   Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-5.-ctr-ws-screw.jpg  

Last edited by dlrshort; 01-31-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:05 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

The fairing is dropped and the headlight disconnected. Hog tunes supplies a triangular template which is held in place inside the front of the fairing on both sides in a small indent to locate the holes for mounting and passing the tweeter wires through. The pod is then fastened with the supplied screws and washers. A small felt strip to buffer any vibration or rattling is also supplied. It was not needed. A supplied wire connector to tie in the new tweeters to the main speakers were also supplied and connected.

Attached Thumbnails Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-6.fairing-removal.jpg   Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-8.-pilot-hole-template.jpg   Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-9.enlargement.jpg   Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-10.-pod-fastening.jpg   Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-11.-reconnect.jpg  

Last edited by dlrshort; 01-31-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:06 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

This picture shows the unit in place. Hog tunes supplies a different set of grills which can also be snapped into place over the tweeters. I elected to leave as is since I liked the look. The new pod looks like it grew there!! Great sound and money well spent.

Attached Thumbnails Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed-12.-front-view-.jpg  

Last edited by dlrshort; 01-31-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:28 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome thanks, I have my POD but have not installed it yet.....thanks for the pics.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:01 PM
PEZ
Tourer

Thanks for the posts dlrshort!

PEZ

Old 01-31-2009, 03:25 PM
USA1HD1
Tourer

I take it you not running a seperate amp ? Thats why the stock speakers sound better is they take less watts to run then the hogtunes do. Why not get a amp if this is the case theirs no replacement for a lack of wattage, get the top of the line speakers back in their..

Old 01-31-2009, 03:32 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

I can't answer your question. Not that knowledgeable in electronics. After listening to the unit I can't imagine I need any thing else to spend my money on to improve the sound.....

Old 01-31-2009, 04:05 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USA1HD1
I take it you not running a seperate amp ? Thats why the stock speakers sound better is they take less watts to run then the hogtunes do. Why not get a amp if this is the case theirs no replacement for a lack of wattage, get the top of the line speakers back in their..
According to his pictures, he meant to say that he swapped the factory speakers OUT and installed the Hogtunes. Am I correct dlrshort?

Very nice write up. Hopefully I can squeeze a little more dough out of the o'lady for this one.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:54 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with StreetGlider, I can't imagine not replacing the stock speakers when you are holding a superior product in your hands!

Old 01-31-2009, 04:54 PM
USA1HD1
Tourer

Originally Posted by dlrshort
We also ed out the Hog Tunes replacement speakers for the stock HD which added immensely to the sound.

So what did you do? take out the Hog Tunes for factory or put in Hog Tunes?

Quick Reply: Hog Tunes Pod with Tweeters Installed