Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Se 113

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:03 PM
madurodave
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be curious how the 113 compares to the 110.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:08 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Opinions are like azzholes......

When I build motors, I take them straight out and do the 10 x 3rd gr, 30mph ~ 60mph 100% throttle, coast to 30 (repeat) runs to seat the rings. Then check for any leaks (oil, exhaust, intake) and go DIRECTLY TO THE DYNO for a tune.

The notion that one has to have "x" hundred or thousand miles before dyno tune is BS.

That's my azzhole... I mean opinion. Been doing that with builds and new motors off the showroom floor for many many years, w/o a single problem.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Ramrod
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the dyno done last week. However there is a problem. It seems that the bolts used to install the heavy breather were the wrong ones, as they blocked the crankcase from venting. This inturned killed any power that the engine was trying to build. I only got 80 Hp and 102 Tq. The engine all power fell of after 3200 RPM. When all is fixed I will be back on the dyno and let you know.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

Originally Posted by PhilM

When I build motors, I take them straight out and do the 10 x 3rd gr, 30mph ~ 60mph 100% throttle, coast to 30 (repeat) runs to seat the rings. Then check for any leaks (oil, exhaust, intake) and go DIRECTLY TO THE DYNO for a tune.

The notion that one has to have "x" hundred or thousand miles before dyno tune is BS.

That's my azzhole... I mean opinion. Been doing that with builds and new motors off the showroom floor for many many years, w/o a single problem.
i agree with this and was also told not to run the bike at a certain speed (same constant speed) for long periods of time, while breaking in the engine, because the rings may not seat correctly, so Phil's way of doing this should work perfect...

Old 04-22-2009, 02:26 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramrod
I got the dyno done last week. However there is a problem. It seems that the bolts used to install the heavy breather were the wrong ones, as they blocked the crankcase from venting. This inturned killed any power that the engine was trying to build. I only got 80 Hp and 102 Tq. The engine all power fell of after 3200 RPM. When all is fixed I will be back on the dyno and let you know.
well, if they built it, i hope they are not going to charge you again for the dyno time.....

good luck with your tune.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:35 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have not put it on the Dyno, Kevin put a base map on it and an HQS auto tuner -- it runs extremely well but I am curious about the numbers -- when I have some time I going to pay for a couple of pulls.

i just got an oil cooler it cut off down in Daytona (a lot of bikes were cutting off) traffic -- want to see if that will help in the extreme stop and go traffic
Originally Posted by raines96+
Lyn what kind of numbers did you get out of your 107?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Ramrod
Novice

I put the bike back on the dyno last Saturday and to my great disapointment the numbers are still not good 104torque and 86Hp, thats a long way from 120 for both. I'm not sure what the problem is but I will get to the bottem of this. Restrited exhaust, intake or fuel. I running a 58MM TB with the SEinjectors for it, SE Heavy Breather Intake. and Vance and Hynes duals.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ramrod
I put the bike back on the dyno last Saturday and to my great disapointment the numbers are still not good 104torque and 86Hp, thats a long way from 120 for both. I'm not sure what the problem is but I will get to the bottem of this. Restrited exhaust, intake or fuel. I running a 58MM TB with the SEinjectors for it, SE Heavy Breather Intake. and Vance and Hynes duals.
i am curious to know how it "feels" and runs... numbers dnt bother me a bit, but performance is wht im looking for

Old 05-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Ramrod
Novice

Well the bike feels great up to 3500 rpm, not bad above but I don't feel the power above 3500 like I should. There is most defenetly a loose in power. The bike just dose not have the power it should above 3500 rpm. Harley and the SE dyno chart shows that it should make real power in that range.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 AM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PhilM

Love to hear this!! I don't have any experience building any Harley engines (yet) but I do have some experience with drag racing cars and we would fire a fresh engine, get it warm, run the valves and then hit the track. IMO if a mechanical part is flawed it will fail, a stress riser in a connecting rod won't "heal" itself because you babied it the first 500 miles. Break it in like you plan to ride it. Also a leakdown test can be performed prior to the dyno runs to ensure the rings are seated.

Quick Reply: Se 113