Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOGTUNES Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:29 AM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iclick
Weird. Never heard of that happening before. Did it zap your head unit or just the left speaker? The HT speakers are guaranteed for 20 years, so I would just send any dead speaker back for a replacement.
THx for the info. I have ridden in the rain many times, but this is the frst time I had this happen.

I will get with Pez on the speaker.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 PM
gregsworld
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the two front speakers on my RG and it made a huge difference

Old 02-20-2009, 12:55 PM
cboehme
Advanced

I just did Hogtunes in my RG and a big improvement over stock. I also asked about any of the sound deading materials and was told don't do it. You have to remember most of us are riding down the highway at 70/80mph and will not get the same fidelity as a controlled environment (ie home, car). Just my 2 cents!

Old 02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Blues Guy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After seeing the tweeter pod here, emailed Pez this morning to order that and his two front speaker replacements. His return email was back almost instantly, then set up the transaction and within an hour had the UPS shipping numbers. The customer service comments here finalized my decision and he certainly lived up to the reputation.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:10 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is anyone running 4ohm amps with these Hogtunes speakers?

Old 02-20-2009, 04:59 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have just ordered these J&M Speakers. #HCUS-09GTM-B , These are new ones that have both a tweeter and mid range coil on the speaker grille. No additional holes to drill in the fairing either. I am looking for just a bit better sound than the stockers. List at $130 a pair either black or chrome tweeter / midrange coil. flea bay has them for $120 includes shipping. http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=6

"This new two-way performance speaker set has been designed specifically for the 2006-2009 Harley® Ultra/Street/Electra Glide fairing and feature a waterproof injection molded polycarbonate cone woofer , high-flux strength Neodymium magnet, high efficiency voice coil and a replacement grill-set with mounted black....or chrome... midrange and tweeters.

Spec’d at 2 ohms impedance and 140+ watts power, you will be impressed by the significant improvement in bass response, midrange clarity, audio power and overall fidelity.

Their mounting hole pattern and spade electrical connections are exactly the same as the factory specification, making replacement a snap."

Last edited by timberland; 02-20-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:19 AM
RRATED999
Intermediate

Timberland, I just removed the J&Ms and installed the $100 set of Hogtunes replacements, and started kicking myself for going with the J&M for 10,000 miles when I could have been running the H/Ts the whole time. The Hogtunes are head and shoulders beyond the J&Ms, in a true back to back test. Just my humble opinion.

Jay

Old 02-21-2009, 11:32 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by RRATED999
Timberland, I just removed the J&Ms and installed the $100 set of Hogtunes replacements, and started kicking myself for going with the J&M for 10,000 miles when I could have been running the H/Ts the whole time. The Hogtunes are head and shoulders beyond the J&Ms, in a true back to back test. Just my humble opinion.

Jay
WHEEW!!
I was back forth between the J&M & H/T's. Having the H/T's installed now and hope the additional H/T amp will take it to the perfect level!

Thanks for the feedback Jay!

Old 02-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Rufus4bz
Intermediate

I had front and rear Hogtunes on for 2 years and felt i needed a little more "punch". Last night I installed the Hogtunes amp. What an upgrade that was! Kicking myself for waiting this long. Well worth the $217.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:05 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by shredsurf
WHEEW!!
I was back forth between the J&M & H/T's. Having the H/T's installed now and hope the additional H/T amp will take it to the perfect level!
Consider adding the Dynaxorb while your outer fairing is off. They're only $25 and made a big difference on my bike with the HT speakers and amp.

Quick Reply: HOGTUNES Upgrade?