Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOGTUNES Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:52 AM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

here you go for the hog tunes unibrow/hogpod/tweeter pod/awesome new piece

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...k-of-this.html

mine's going to the painter today ;-)

Old 02-19-2009, 02:53 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the deal with the 5.75ohm Hogtunes speakers?? Can you run a 4ohm amp with them??

Old 02-19-2009, 03:28 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont to sart any crap here but ive had a hog tunes amp and speakers in my glide classic for a couple years and to be honest to my ear the stock stereo sounded better with the stock speakers than with the amp and H/T speakers.. I think they add too much base for me.. Thats of course my thoughts.. Ive since went with a detachable tour pack (i had the rear speaker kit also) and i put on a back rest for the wife and i may just do away with the amp and go back to the 2 stock speakers in the front... I really think the clarity was better..
Dave

Old 02-19-2009, 11:12 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member

I have been using the Hogtunes front speakers for the past year, and I added the amp after about a month of using the speakers alone. The speakers alone were definitely an upgrade from the stock speakers in both volume, lack of distortion and clarity. After adding the amp, I noticed a remarkable improvement than with the speakers alone. Improved punch, better bass, and even better clarity. I can run the system with all of the volume I need at highway speeds. However, this is not a high fidelity listening experience. It is a motorcycle with wind noise, traffic noise, and my V&H pipes. For $300.00 the Hogtunes amp/speakers are a great value that provide for me, an excellent motorcycling experience, and by far is some of the better money I have spent on motorcycles.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:17 PM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Hogtunes sounded great. till........ I got cought in the rain the other day and shorted the radio somehow and the damn thing came on with volume at full blast and would not turn off or down. had to ride it back to house. after dried I hear that I busted the left speaker. (2 years old speakers, and stock radio) I will buy another set of them

Old 02-20-2009, 01:29 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I love my hogtunes and pez is a great guy for customer service

Old 02-20-2009, 07:17 AM
customsoftail200
Road Master

Can a 4ohm amp be used with them??

Old 02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
I dont to sart any crap here but ive had a hog tunes amp and speakers in my glide classic for a couple years and to be honest to my ear the stock stereo sounded better with the stock speakers than with the amp and H/T speakers.. I think they add too much base for me..
Maybe just turning down the bass would help. I have mine set to 1/2 with treble at full-blast.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:02 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by vtwin1340
I have been using the Hogtunes front speakers for the past year, and I added the amp after about a month of using the speakers alone. The speakers alone were definitely an upgrade from the stock speakers in both volume, lack of distortion and clarity. After adding the amp, I noticed a remarkable improvement than with the speakers alone. Improved punch, better bass, and even better clarity. I can run the system with all of the volume I need at highway speeds. However, this is not a high fidelity listening experience. It is a motorcycle with wind noise, traffic noise, and my V&H pipes. For $300.00 the Hogtunes amp/speakers are a great value that provide for me, an excellent motorcycling experience, and by far is some of the better money I have spent on motorcycles.
I would have to say that closely follows my opinion, too.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by nightglide
My Hogtunes sounded great. till........ I got cought in the rain the other day and shorted the radio somehow and the damn thing came on with volume at full blast and would not turn off or down. had to ride it back to house. after dried I hear that I busted the left speaker. (2 years old speakers, and stock radio) I will buy another set of them
Weird. Never heard of that happening before. Did it zap your head unit or just the left speaker? The HT speakers are guaranteed for 20 years, so I would just send any dead speaker back for a replacement.

Quick Reply: HOGTUNES Upgrade?