Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

down time

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:24 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default down time

i knew this day was coming and i guess in the long run, i'm glad it is going to happen. having surgery next friday on my neck to take care of some degenerative discs that are causing numbness in right arm and hands. will be off work about 2 weeks and i would imagine the doc is going to make me stay off bike for about 8-10 weeks. will find out for sure today when i have final appt. before the surgery. going to go on a long ride tomorrow over to gruene hall in gruene tx to have a few beers. luckily the weather is supposed to be sunny and 75 saturday. thought i would go ahead and have this done now while business is slow (commercial truck sales) and i'm not busy anyway. just know that once i feel better and want to ride and will have to make myself stay off of the rg for my own sake until everything is good to go. looking forward to riding again where the only thing that hurts is my butt after 3-400 mile...ride safe ya'll.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:28 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might be a good time to have any bike upgrades done while your out of commission. Maybe some engine mods? That way you won't feel so bad, and when you are cleared to ride again, it will be a whole new experience for ya!

Good luck with the surgery; hope all goes well!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:29 AM
georgemcghee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope you have a quick recovery

Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 AM
capt775
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck Sparky with the surgery. I'm recouping from mine now. Got so bad I couldn't sit at a redlight without my left leg going to sleep and my hip cramping so bad I'd have to standup. Riding got to be a chore. Had to have something done.

I think he's fixed all that now though, feels like it. Just gotta get over the op now.

It's hell to get old. When you have it done, I'll be here to talk wit ya. Everybody's been here for me. This forum is great for keeping you in the game when you get down.

Seems so many folks having this type stuff done, we're gonna need to have a "POST OP" ride somewhere this Summer.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:35 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capt775
This forum is great for keeping you in the game when you get down.

Seems so many folks having this type stuff done, we're gonna need to have a "POST OP" ride somewhere this Summer.

100% agree with that! During the last 9+ mos since my accident, the bike being totaled and not being able to ride has been a real drag. The forum has been a great way to keep in touch with the motorcyle world some, and prep myself for the new scoot.

It is late March yet?

Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default post op

Originally Posted by capt775
Good luck Sparky with the surgery. I'm recouping from mine now. Got so bad I couldn't sit at a redlight without my left leg going to sleep and my hip cramping so bad I'd have to standup. Riding got to be a chore. Had to have something done.

I think he's fixed all that now though, feels like it. Just gotta get over the op now.

It's hell to get old. When you have it done, I'll be here to talk wit ya. Everybody's been here for me. This forum is great for keeping you in the game when you get down.

the ride sounds great. i'm in houston and see your in shreveport. my daughter is in natchez.....h'mmmm ... can you say natchez parkway ride this summer??? just trhinking. good luck on your recoup.....