Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shriner bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Meanfarmer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
I was kidding. Lighten up!
Must have missed this blacktopr.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:43 PM
ShadowMonster
Tourer

Originally Posted by blacktopr
Thats because you believe all the hyped up crap you read on the internet
Look into it yourself ,ask a mason or a shriner . If helping thousands of kids a year for free iand supporting 27 free hospitals in north America as well as funding transportation and housing for the families, and leading the way in medicine for pediatric prothieses and burn care (funded by the shriners ) is wrong then you are such a moron . The obligations the Mason takes atre no more secret than the Elks Moose Eagles or Oddfellows you dope .But now we Know about you.....
Doesn't sound like you've reach the Masonic/Shriner level of feng shui.......just sayin

Old 04-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Cameltoe
Intermediate
Talking

Great thread, I picked up a 2003 100th Anniversary Ultra, Fire Fighters Edition from a family friend and love the bike so much I sold my 2003 Silver and Black 100th Anniversary edition ultra!

Old 04-14-2013, 07:32 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Look into it yourself ,ask a mason or a shriner . If helping thousands of kids a year for free iand supporting 27 free hospitals in north America as well as funding transportation and housing for the families, and leading the way in medicine for pediatric prothieses and burn care (funded by the shriners ) is wrong then you are such a moron . The obligations the Mason takes atre no more secret than the Elks Moose Eagles or Oddfellows you dope .But now we Know about you.....
Your sense of humor is unmatched, as is your ability to throw a verbal jab. Dope. Ouch.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:53 AM
k&j eglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not certain about how HD (the factory) allots bikes to dealers these days. In the early 90's, when Harley was struggling to make 80K units (with maybe 30% of those being Sportsters) every dealer got a set allotment of bikes, both by total and by model. When a dealer's allotment was delivered and sold they couldn't get extra. The Shriner's bikes then, usually an all white Ultra, were ordered and supplied from a system different than the normal supply and didn't count against a dealership's allotment. Same with the police bikes used for police duty, not the special edition bikes they have today. A dealer told me at that time that he would actually competitivly bid on Shriners or Sheriffs purchases. The Shriners have had a special relationship with Harley for as long as I can recall, what with buying their bikes and using them in their parade duties and such, even when a lot of people were bad mouthing them. For anyone with questions about the Masons, as they say, 2B1ASK1. There is no purpose to a secret society that tells it's secrets to just anyone.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lifting the veil.

Originally Posted by grbrown
An interesting thread and thanks for lifting the veil on masonry etc.
Big ole European DA.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Default 08 Shrine Edition Ultra

Originally Posted by mphamrick
I am a mason, a scotish rite mason, a shriner and a jester. My bike is a shrine addition that I had to show a dues card, I could not purchase one off the show room floor it had to be ordered. I did not have to put any money down although I did, dealers hope that you back out on the deal so they will have a extra bike to sell. Yes you get a discounted rate, and are limited on the paint colors although mine is candy red sunglow which was not a color option and I don't know how that happened. But it is what it is....
I ordered a Shriner Edition Ultra in Oct of 2007. It arrived in December. I was able to select the color from the Ultra Classic Color Pallet. The only difference in this UC and any other was the Shriner identifier in the VIN. I was also told I could not sell the bike for one year. I kept it until I bought a 2012.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Default Helping Others

Well said, my brother.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:40 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Bought my '10 RK FF Special and wasn't asked or given any special instructions. BTW, I'm not or haven't been a FF'er but do honor those that serve in that profession and other life threatening professions.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:41 AM
CaptainKirk
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I just want the red Firefighter edition color on a new Street Glide....