Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

s100

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:23 AM
09RKC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s100

Finally got the hi-sign from the painter; he said wait 3mo before waxing. It's been 3mo. Warmed up the garage, went to work and must say the s100 did a stellar job! It looks great.

Sticks in my mind though (you know how that voice won't go away) that there's a "better" wax. It was a friend who visits this forum every now/then. His first love is detailing and in talking to him, he seems to know what he's doing. I didn't know there was so much to it.

I'll talk to him but wonder, do any of you have opinions on s100 or any others? Tkx for replies in advance!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:54 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You should give Turtle Wax ICE a try. It doesn't cost a lot. I like to use it over a good wax. Makes the paint super slick and really helps when it's time to get those DAMN bugs off the fairing.

BTW, I have use the s100 and it is good stuff. Have you used their metal polish soap? I was skeptical but it is by far the best product I've used on chrome and aluminum.

Anyone else????

Old 01-29-2009, 01:51 AM
09RKC
Tourer

>>You should give Turtle Wax ICE a try. I like to use it over a good wax.<<

You're saying to use ICE on the tins, after applying s100? Interesting. Why? Was is ICE?

>>Have you used their metal polish soap? I was skeptical but it is by far the best product I've used on chrome and aluminum.<<

No I haven't. Long ago I got in the habit of using the same wax on all parts. Or I'd use an auto chrome polish but not wax it. I dunno .

I look forward to an awsome thread ! I have a feeling it's going to cost me some $$$ though ...

Old 01-29-2009, 02:28 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RKC
>>You should give Turtle Wax ICE a try. I like to use it over a good wax.<<

You're saying to use ICE on the tins, after applying s100? Interesting. Why? Was is ICE?

>>Have you used their metal polish soap? I was skeptical but it is by far the best product I've used on chrome and aluminum.<<

No I haven't. Long ago I got in the habit of using the same wax on all parts. Or I'd use an auto chrome polish but not wax it. I dunno .

I look forward to an awsome thread ! I have a feeling it's going to cost me some $$$ though ...
ICE is a clear liquid spray on polish. I don't know if it's a wax but I doubt it. You spray it on and buff it lightly. It's pretty cheap and worth a try for the money I think. Several other guys on the forum are using it. I'm sure we'll hear from them too later.

Steve

Old 01-29-2009, 02:41 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

I really like S100 cleaner for the whole bike and S100 engine brightner for the engine. easy on and easy off, keeps it looking new.
For my chrome I use never dull, it too is so easy on & off and keeps the shiney stuff shiney (don't attract dust either)
I have used Turtle Wax ICE paste wax and I must say it was the worst waste of 18 bucks I ever spent. Perhaps the spray is better as mention above, but I will keep using Maguires Gold Class.
That's my .02

Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

S100 wax, and then Wizards polish and cleaner for touch-up cleaning.

http://www.innate.com/Supplies/Wizards/Wizards.htm

Great stuff, and recommended by painters.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:05 AM
titusvilleharley
Banned For Ripping Off HDF Members

i use the ice to remove bugs after riding and after i wax very good stuff.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:59 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

s100 is great for cleaning but if you want wax, then mothers is the way to go without a doubt! gives your paint that silky feeling for a long time....

Old 01-29-2009, 05:37 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you guys should give some of Adam's polishes product a try. I have only found them online. I don't want to violate any rules by posting a link, but if you google it, it will come up. I detail cages as a side thing. Their detail spray is unlike any other I have tried, you spray it on and wipe it off like any other detailer, but if you go back with a dry microfiber, it buffs out and really pops. It can be used on pretty much all the bike's surfaces.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:52 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,880 Likes on 22,765 Posts

s100 cleaner is IMO the worst sheet I've ever used, period. If you don't scrub every drop of it off it leaves a white pecker track like stuff on it like a white mist. Absolutely hate it. However the engine brightener works as its supposed to.
I like the Iron Horse polish myself.

Quick Reply: s100