Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New law on the table for New Hampshire

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
The public also has the right to vote. And there are alot more non motorcycle riding votes out there than there are riding votes. And people are getting fed up with the noise. So if the loud pipe boneheads keep it up, it's only a matter of time.
You have a right to breathe my air providing you can beat me to it. You have a right to eat my food providing you can wrench it out of my hands. You have a right to take my place if you can shove me aside....Those are the rules of nature.

Friends, this is still a cold and heartless world where only the strong survive and only the takers have rights to anything.

Those of you who rely on laws to insure your rights to life are constantly disappointed and feel cheated because you relied on those laws to provide for and protect you.

I pity the weak "victims" of this savage world as they bleed out. Those same fools advocate gun laws that fail to stop bullets-burgulary laws that fail to stop theft-and noise laws that fail to silence me.

I'm here. I exist. I breathe my share of air and eat my share of food....and I make noise, and I contribute to the carbon that some claim will destroy this planet.

Deal with it.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:05 PM
BCSG
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm agree with BeemerVet,

Every spring, they make noise here about helmet and noise laws. The helmet laws are so vague here, you could wear a painted salad bowl and they can't do anything about it. As for noise, well, I agree it's the poser/look at me crowd that's the problem. I and several other of my riding buds that have performance pipes have them for just that reason, RIDING our bikes. Not cruising a beach front drag or main st. wherever to impress people that couldn't give a damn. Here,a decible test has to be administered at certified inspection facility, and since our province has done away with them, Johnny law cannot administer a db test at the side of the road. As with not having a tach, they cannot ask you to rev your throttle to a specific rpm limit if they have no way of an acurate reading. Them asking you to do so is asking you to incriminate yourself.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:16 PM
oinker02
Banned

Originally Posted by BCCustomK
I'm agree with BeemerVet,

Every spring, they make noise here about helmet and noise laws. The helmet laws are so vague here, you could wear a painted salad bowl and they can't do anything about it. As for noise, well, I agree it's the poser/look at me crowd that's the problem. I and several other of my riding buds that have performance pipes have them for just that reason, RIDING our bikes. Not cruising a beach front drag or main st. wherever to impress people that couldn't give a damn. Here,a decible test has to be administered at certified inspection facility, and since our province has done away with them, Johnny law cannot administer a db test at the side of the road. As with not having a tach, they cannot ask you to rev your throttle to a specific rpm limit if they have no way of an acurate reading. Them asking you to do so is asking you to incriminate yourself.
Gents, It's all about revenue and control

You feel secure because presently your local Johnny Law don't hassle you....Just wait......Once the laws are on the books and public money gets tight, they will start enforcing those laws.

I laff at the way you feel obligated to the local cops because they presently give you a break while you fail at the same time to realize your local law makers have set you up for additional revenue collections and criminal records whenever they decide to make Johnny Law stop being so friendly and forgiving.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

266:77-a Tachometer

They cannot enforce this law because a good many bikes do not have one as a stock component. The Road King Custom is a prime example. Unenforceable.

I am getting sick and tired of these pompous azzholes they call "politicians". Their #1 reason for existing is to steal our money and screw us in any manner fashionable. F' em!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:41 PM
BCSG
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with you mostly Oinker02, and you can laugh at me all you want, but it's my knowledge of the 'law' that has kept me from getting hassled by the cops. Your premise of revenue and control is for those that don't know their rights and current regional laws. I just politely remind the officer of said laws and they let me go, keeping in mind that here they only do 'decible' checks at certain locations where those who insist on posing out cause them a need to do so. I just avoid those areas. As for enforcement when revenue gets tight, the law is still the law and even they have to abide by it.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
bjryman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrasser
1. I hate laws like this. Too many liberal Massachussets wussies moving into NH making too many wussy laws.

2. I lived just off Main Street in downtown Nashua for 6 years. The douchebags that would cruise up and down Main all day with their loud pipes would use the round-about right outside my window to turn around. Without fail they would gun it so they could hurry and get back out on Main for more posing. I basically couldn't even hold a conversation in my house or watch TV due to the noise. If people would be at least a little considerate about their surroundings maybe the law wouldn't be introduced. Still think the law is a bunch of BS, though.
Listen up folks...what Bluegrasser concludes is true everywhere. If we don't police ourselves the rest of the citizenry will!!. It's one of the reasons "glasspak" mufflers were outlawed on muscle cars in the 70's, though pollution control was the part of law they were placed under.

Most folks will tolerate our "fun" during normal hours out on busy main streets and highways. They won't tolerate late night, or hospital, school funeral zone noise annoyance ... they just won't. And the regulation liberals now own the government for at least the next four years

Old 01-29-2009, 02:45 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A law is just a piece of paper untill they enforce it. Florida has a law:F.S.316.293 that has been on the books a long time. It reads"No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle or any other noise abatement device of a motor vehicle orperated or to be operated upon the highways of this state in such a manner that the noise emitted by the vehicle is above that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured." If they enforced this law 90% of all Florida motorcycles would be ticketed.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
oinker02
Banned

Originally Posted by bjryman
Listen up folks...what Bluegrasser concludes is true everywhere. If we don't police ourselves the rest of the citizenry will!!. It's one of the reasons "glasspak" mufflers were outlawed on muscle cars in the 70's, though pollution control was the part of law they were placed under.

Most folks will tolerate our "fun" during normal hours out on busy main streets and highways. They won't tolerate late night, or hospital, school funeral zone noise annoyance ... they just won't. And the regulation liberals now own the government for at least the next four years
Sorry, but I don't allow anyone without a badge to police me...,They've tried and were disappointed in my responce....I especially don't listen to those who scream we gotta police ourselves out of fear the libs might police us instead...I tell them to picka lib and aim carefully while I do the same.

Mister, I don't exist because I keep my head down. I am still here only because I refuse to give in and keep my head high. They can't beat you down till you stoop down to where they can reach you.....Give them a good fight and they will move along to find an easier fight....The tallest tree in the forest got there by force-he didn't look around to see if the other trees were keeping pace or seek their shade.

Last edited by oinker02; 01-29-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:48 PM
pepper6857
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noise

Honestbob,

You make a good point, but in reverse. You obviously have never been to daytona for bike week. Last year we left daytona to drive to key west and we were stopped three times by highway patrol and every stop was for our pipes. We were just cruising on the interstate each time. Florida is a bad example.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:49 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Join ABATE

Know what? Even in a thread that degenerated like this one... HAHA! I LOVE this site...

I just joined Ohio ABATE. I have been lax in this regard and will correct it somewhat from today forward.

How about anybody else?

Quick Reply: New law on the table for New Hampshire