Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New law on the table for New Hampshire

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 AM
pepper6857
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noise

It is people like mcrider1 who sit on their soap box and complain about and try to regulate, inconsequential things ,who are attempting to make our country a police state. If loud pipes are the thing keeping you from enjoying something as wonderous as Yellowstone, then stay home and watch the documentary about the park on discovery channel. You'll be much happier and so will we.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by old95
I agreed with you until you said "I'm an engineer". Yep you think like an engineer.
Why thank you for the compliment!....I've got this direct wired logic thang going on that has really paid off all my life....Being logical, I can predict cause and effect so I tend to not fall off my scoot and bleed out in the road.

That same logic screams that we just voted an idiot into office who recently stated he is going to turn over power to the 50 states to regulate emissions laws.....So using logic, how can already floundering vehicle makers manage to produce bikes/cars/trucks that can meet 50 differing state standards concerning emissions(which include noise emissions) and affordably react as those 50 different states rapidly change their laws?

Old 01-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Rick5150
Advanced

Most of these types of laws will be subject to the discretion of the LEO. It does not mean if your pipes fall in the 96-97 decibel range that you will automatically get pulled over for breaking the law. I do believe however, that if you are intentionally making a scene that the police now have an additional reason to pull you over. In their opinion, your pipes are too loud. If they are 'mistaken' then you go. Too bad if you are on illegal substances or something - even if you are under 95 decibels.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:25 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by old95
First the pipes, then your rights, you sir are a jerk.
If people want to hear loud bikes, they go to places like Daytona or Sturgis. When people want to get away from it all they often visit our National Parks. There is a time and place for everything. I don't believe our National Parks are the place for such loud things, cars and trucks included. Maybe up and down the street in front of your house every morning at 5 am with straight pipes would be a more appropriate time and place.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:31 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mcrider1
If people want to hear loud bikes, they go to places like Daytona or Sturgis. When people want to get away from it all they often visit our National Parks. There is a time and place for everything. I don't believe our National Parks are the place for such loud things, cars and trucks included. Maybe up and down the street in front of your house every morning at 5 am with straight pipes would be a more appropriate time and place.
mcrider1
I can agree with you on this. I'm all for 'freedoms" but you can take any freedom too far to the point where it infringes on other peoples freedoms too. I believe this is just one such example. We live in a give and take society but some people just want want want and dont consider the consequences to others. I would hope that noise ordinances are strictly enforced in our National Parks.

Last edited by RODEO; 01-29-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 AM
pepper6857
3rd Gear
Default noise

Yes, that makes perfect sense, after I leave sturgis I will pull my extra pipes from my saddlebags and install them at the first rest stop I come to so I can cruise through yellowstone on my way home. Some people are too stupid to live!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Rick5150
Advanced

Is the argument here that we want loud pipes, or we want the right to have loud pipes?

In addition to riding, I am an avid hiker and am just about done hiking the 48 NH 4,000+ footers. I get out to the WMNF to enjoy the solitude interrupted only by the sounds of nature. People ride on the Kanc all the time and most are fine, but you get the bikes that are unreasonably loud too. You can easily hear these bikes from the trails as the sound can really carry given the right conditions.

To me it boils down to how much respect you have for others versus how much respect you feel you are entitled to. Do you feel your right to loud pipes is more important than someone else's right to peace and quiet?

Loudness is subjective to who it irritates the most. My rock music was too loud for my parents the same way my kids music is too loud to me. Of course, I was playing Van Halen and they are playing some angry, non-melodical crap, so I know I am right

Old 01-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

You have the right to wear earplugs.
You have the right to be offended by someone else's actions.
You do not have the right to dictate your preferences to anyone else.

Live and let live.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:24 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The public also has the right to vote. And there are alot more non motorcycle riding votes out there than there are riding votes. And people are getting fed up with the noise. So if the loud pipe boneheads keep it up, it's only a matter of time.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Voters do not make these laws. Politicians paid by insurance companies do. Crybabies who are not able to tolerate anyone or anything that isn't a carbon copy of themselves are constantly making a lot of noise, but do not speak for everyone. Most people DO NOT CARE.

What are some of you going to do when they outlaw shorts and sandals on motorcycles? What about when the condo association forbids motorcycles because they don't want "those kind of people"?

Enjoy your own life, don't *** with mine.

Quick Reply: New law on the table for New Hampshire