Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New law on the table for New Hampshire

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:26 AM
redrocker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oinker02
I gotta have a tach to assist the cops when they investigate me?....I might as well go ahead and buy a taser so they can zap me too.....Ya know?
And supply your own handcuffs for when they haul you away.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:32 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why do we get laws passed? Because a majority votes for them. We all love the sound of a Harley but there are alot of irresponsible riders out there, of coarse not us. Why do they have to rev them up at lights, back them into the patio bar so they blow exhaust at folks eating, etc. I hate having smoke in bars, loud mufflers on Jap cars, dirt bikes riding on streets, and so on but your are going to here more of this because a few want to show off. I hate the thought of stock mufflers so I think we all should try to respect the rights of others in neighborhoods, street lights, leaving bars, etc., rev her up every chance you get and then blame the law.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Candy Red
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy liberals are busy liberals

They have only just begun

Old 01-28-2009, 10:39 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You younger guys are in for lots of silly-assed stuff.....Heh, heh.

Have you heard where one school system has outlawed meat from the menu?....Yep, they sure did......Kids gotta learn early about being green, ya know....Them cow farts not only stink, but they contribute to global warming-That's an Al Gore fact.....Those same kids are currently enjoying record cold winters and many lost schools days due to snow and ice tho.

Yep, it's a brave new world we embrace today.

Perhaps greeners will save GE seeing as how we need electric motorcycles and cars due to global warming....No noise laws needed for an electric scooter, huh?......Just hope your wife don't turn you in for farting in bed or the green police might lock you up for domestic flatulance....My carbon footprint can be measured by the skid marks in my drawers

Last edited by oinker02; 01-28-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Bluegrasser
Road Master

Originally Posted by sniper77
Need some cheese for that whine and a steak for that black eye?

I'm sure they didn't ride their motorcycles in front of your house until after you bought it and I'm sure that whiners can't be cured of whining, that is why people that don't whine have to be pro-active and silence the lambs with a strong political presence.

Besides, what's makes you thing I'm talking about you?
I moved in during this season called 'winter' where, oddly enough, no one rides in NH. Starts around Halloween. Ends around Easter. Perhaps you've heard of it?

That said, you're more than welcome to defend the bad *** Main Street "bikers". I lived with it for 6 years and this is the first I've ever mentioned it so I'm pretty sure I'm not a whiner.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Bluegrasser
Road Master

Originally Posted by redrocker
And supply your own handcuffs for when they haul you away.
I'm cheap. I just carry around the big zip-ties.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Rick5150
Advanced

Originally Posted by O-O
266:77-a Tachometer. No person shall drive on a way a motorcycle without a functioning tachometer.
Although this is a typically vague regulation, I would take it to mean that if your motorcycle is equipped with a tachometer, it must be functioning. In other words, if it was OE, then it should be present and in working condition.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rick5150
Although this is a typically vague regulation, I would take it to mean that if your motorcycle is equipped with a tachometer, it must be functioning. In other words, if it was OE, then it should be present and in working condition.
I hope so because my Heritage doesn't have one. Can I buy a fake one and take it out of my saddlebag when I cross the border???

Old 01-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Rick5150
Advanced

Back in June 2002, there was a law stating that "No person shall drive on a way a motorcycle on which the grips are higher than the shoulder level of the driver when in the seat or saddle. It shall be illegal to drive a motorcycle with improvised, defective, or repaired handlebars."

I cannot count the bikes that I see drive by with the ridiculously high ape hangers that are certainly above the shoulders. Not to say that none of them get stopped, but I have not seen it yet.

Source. RSA 263:29-a. 1967, 443:1. 1975, 422:1. 1981, 146:1. 2002, 30:1, eff. June 7, 2002.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:15 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

If we want to prevent these silly laws, then the local riders have to get proactive and pressure their friends to be courteous to the local nonbiker residents. I know it is coming here as well, I’ve been hearing folks getting very vocal about the noise from our Thursday night Hooters Bikers Night on I240. If we don’t get proactive, then I’m sure the blind fist of the government will force a change.

Beary

Quick Reply: New law on the table for New Hampshire