Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Lowridin packer
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jamie- these guys are going to confuse even each other- how about this - why not put together a complete setup - Stage 1, Jackpot pipes, PCV with Autotune, and load both a lean mileage map and a performance map and have the wire to hook to the accesory switch ready to go. That way, we buy it, set it up and run it.... how about that?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:24 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowridin packer
Jamie- these guys are going to confuse even each other- how about this - why not put together a complete setup - Stage 1, Jackpot pipes, PCV with Autotune, and load both a lean mileage map and a performance map and have the wire to hook to the accesory switch ready to go. That way, we buy it, set it up and run it.... how about that?
We do offer a complete setup with the PC-V and Auto Tune ready to go. Everything is configured and ready to install. You can use any open/closed switch and we plan to make a harness for the factory acc switch that wires into the PC-V, but it will be spring before it is available.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Temp Management System (ETMS) and PCV

I noticed one thing about my PCV today. Since the installation of my PCV, I now have to enable ETMS after each ingnition cycle by rolling the throttle forward until the cruise light flashes. Prior to PCV the ETMS would remain set at whatever the last setting was (on/off). Now it resets to the off position after each shutdown.

Has anyone else with ETMS and PCV noticed this? Or is it just me?

I will call Power Commander and let them know this is happening and see if a fix exists or is in the works.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Default ETMS and PCV

I spoke with Chris at Dynojet earlier about my last post. He was unaware of any problem with the ETMS and PCV. He was really unaware of the ETMS system all together though as I had to explain it to him. I can imagine keeping track of the systems on all makes and models gets a little hard.

Anyway, is anyone else running a PCV having this issue with ETMS? Or do I have another problem?

This doen't really concern me right now...I'll just have to get in the habit of turning it on every time I ride...like cruise I guess.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:02 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

09street... great writeup and i have been reading on since im interested in a PCV.. u findings are teaching the novice like me.. thanks and ill keep reading.. looking forward to the dyno testing results.. FuelMoto has been great with support. plan to place my order in summer. should give me enough time to learn about the PCV.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

How did you know it was not on? I have not noticed that mine kicked it off, I guess the weather hasn't been hot enough to tell.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:08 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Before I got my autotune working the other day and it was in the 70's in NC I was stuck in traffic for a while. I noticed an increase in temp and I also noticed that the ETMS had not enganged as I expected. I rolled the throttle forward and turned it on...then it worked. I thought this was strange as I never disabled it. I figured it must have reset itself when I pulled the maxifuse to install the PCV.

Today I started the bike and rolled the throttle forward just to see if was set. It wasn't but when I rolled it forward it came on. Did it several times today and every time after restarting the bike it was off.

It still works fine...just have to make sure it is on when I start up.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
Before I got my autotune working the other day and it was in the 70's in NC I was stuck in traffic for a while. I noticed an increase in temp and I also noticed that the ETMS had not enganged as I expected. I rolled the throttle forward and turned it on...then it worked. I thought this was strange as I never disabled it. I figured it must have reset itself when I pulled the maxifuse to install the PCV.

Today I started the bike and rolled the throttle forward just to see if was set. It wasn't but when I rolled it forward it came on. Did it several times today and every time after restarting the bike it was off.

It still works fine...just have to make sure it is on when I start up.
Thanks for the info, I will have to watch mine!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:08 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
I noticed one thing about my PCV today. Since the installation of my PCV, I now have to enable ETMS after each ingnition cycle by rolling the throttle forward until the cruise light flashes. Prior to PCV the ETMS would remain set at whatever the last setting was (on/off). Now it resets to the off position after each shutdown.

Has anyone else with ETMS and PCV noticed this? Or is it just me?
I just tested the EITMS system on our 09 bike that has the PC-V and Auto Tune and it is working properly. It does not reset on our bike when the engine is shutdown, it stays on the current setting. The PC-V should not affect this in any way.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
newdep332
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I just tested the EITMS system on our 09 bike that has the PC-V and Auto Tune and it is working properly. It does not reset on our bike when the engine is shutdown, it stays on the current setting. The PC-V should not affect this in any way.
I just went out and checked my 09 EG and it is doing the same thing as 09 StrretGlider's bike is doing. I had not checked it before the PCV as its cold here so not sure of the cause.

Quick Reply: Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info