Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 10:19 PM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhis
I finally installed the hard switch, but there is one thing still unclear for me, or maybe, I have done something wrong.
The manual says that if the switch is "closed", then the autotune mode will be activated, and vice versa.
How can I tell whether the system is in what mode, if I connect the PCV to a laptop? Any differences in terms of read out on the screen.
If you have the latest PCV software on the laptop look at the bottom on the right side. You will see the autotune active light. After the 1 minute warm up and I believe you have to rev the bike up over 1500 rpm the auto tune light will come on if you have the switch closed. If it is open the light will never come on.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:56 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Once up and running...you just have to learn to save the tune every few hundred miles or so, so it can continue to improve the running condition. It goes so far, then by saving it, you are re-setting it. It can go up to 20% at a time.
The 20% value is the default but can be changed in the options menu. If your trims are within the set limits you don't need to make periodic changes and there isn't any need to do so. Furthermore, if you are using the hardware switch to toggle between a rich base map and learning mode (AT), as outlined in this thread, any changes will negate the idea entirely.

OTOH if you are not using the switch in this manner you can "accept trims" periodically if you want, but it isn't necessary as long as you stay within the set enleanment and enrichment limits. Unless your map is way off that which is specified in the Target AFR tables, causing large trims, you shouldn't go outside the default 20% limit either way.

Last edited by iclick; 02-25-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:29 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I have left my AT in the "learning mode" and the bike is very crisp and responsive....runs great!

~Joe

Old 02-26-2012, 01:10 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bamarider
If you have the latest PCV software on the laptop look at the bottom on the right side. You will see the autotune active light. After the 1 minute warm up and I believe you have to rev the bike up over 1500 rpm the auto tune light will come on if you have the switch closed. If it is open the light will never come on.
Thanks much for the info.
I measure the resistance from the switch to see whether it will disconnect the continuity, and it is working fine. Somehow, the autotune is activated (red light is on), regardless the switch is either "on" or "off".
Any ideas?

Old 02-26-2012, 01:14 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by traveler
I have left my AT in the "learning mode" and the bike is very crisp and responsive....runs great!

~Joe
How often you save the trims?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:35 AM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks much for the info.
I measure the resistance from the switch to see whether it will disconnect the continuity, and it is working fine. Somehow, the autotune is activated (red light is on), regardless the switch is either "on" or "off".
Any ideas?
Sounds like you need to disable the Auto tune enable block in the software. To use the switch you need to disable the auto tune box and enable the hardware switch box below it. Just hook up the laptop and go to the auto tune section and you will see what I mean. ICLICK knows this better than me so maybe he can verify this.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Sounds like you need to disable the Auto tune enable block in the software. To use the switch you need to disable the auto tune box and enable the hardware switch box below it. Just hook up the laptop and go to the auto tune section and you will see what I mean. ICLICK knows this better than me so maybe he can verify this.
Thanks for the response.
I think I got it after I downloaded the newer version of PCV software.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

If you bought it from FuelMoto you get lifetime downloads and support....don't hesitate to call them.

I love the stuff I have received from them, and the throttlebody porting was definitely worth it!

~Joe

Old 02-26-2012, 01:36 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I honestly never paid any attention to the red light on the AT module and determined AT functionality by looking at the trim tables and/or watching the AFR readout in the software. As you say, you must have both AT and Hardware Switch enabled. When the switch contacts are open (switch off) you will be in learning mode; closed (switch on) will be running the base map (no AT). If you use the ACC switch, make sure there is no power (12V) connected to the switch!

Last edited by iclick; 02-26-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:24 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

How often you save the trims?
At first, every 100 miles or so......I haven't done a save in quite a while....it feels like it's right on now.

~Joe

Quick Reply: Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info