Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:20 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I also recommend updating your software to the latest version which is here http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...all_v1.0.2.zip If you need any help just give us a call.
Good point, and there is also a new firmware version here. It wouldn't hurt to get current on both. Make sure ignition is off when doing the firmware update.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

If you are not getting a reading check all of your connections and make sure you have the termination plug plugged into the open port on Auto Tune module #2.
The terminator is a plastic plug included in the kit, not the rubber caps that protect the ports from the elements. I didn't have the right plug attached at first and had the same issues that you're having.

Last edited by iclick; 02-04-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Also note that when you want to check your fuel trims you simply connect to the PC V software and hit Get Map which is on the lower left and this will retrieve all of your data from the PC V unit.
You might want to have the PC software pull the map from the PCV every time it is connected to the computer. Go to Tools > Environment Settings > Check "Retrieve device map upon connection." I believe this is the default, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:29 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Autotune update: Got home from work a little late Jamie so you guys were already gone for the day...hope you are on here.

I tried all of the things above and got no results. Plugged in laptop, AFR's showing 0.00, then start bike and go through warmup cycle and AFR's read 9.99

The AFR's stay 9.99 after that regardless of how long I let it idle or whether I'm on the throttle or not. The AT options are enabled and the map switch is disabled.

So, I called Dynojet and got their tech (Chris) on the phone who walked me through a ton of tests. Found that the termination plug read no continuity on the ohm meter. Swapped that for the spare they supplied which read good on ohm meter. Still no change. 9.99

They are a bit stumped and need to talk to the engineer tomorrow. They may have to have me send the AT back they said. The tech, Chris, was very helpful and was able to hook into the bike through the laptop...pretty cool my bike was on the internet....and he played with all the settings and got into some options I couldn't. But he was unable to diagnose what my problem is. He went and tried things out on another module where he was and still couldn't come up with anything.

Got any other suggestions?

He's got my number and after he talks to the engineer he's supposed to give me a call.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

Is there a need to update the software or firmware if you are not using the autotune? My bike is running great!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:36 PM
newdep332
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conehead
Is there a need to update the software or firmware if you are not using the autotune? My bike is running great!
Not sure!!! I tried to update tonight and not only do I not know how. How do you know if it updated?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Originally Posted by Conehead
I'm not really sure what that does...my bike was running just fine last not in open loop off the base map. I think they thought it may have something to do with why the autotune isn't working for me. But, that's not my issue.

I will say, updating the firmware/software was easy as could be. Update just download the updates from the PCV website to your desktop. Run the software update and it installs itself. Then hook to PCV and open PCV software. Choose "update firmware" under "Power Commander Tools" header. Then choose the location you downloaded the firmware update to when the box opens. Then is loads the firmware update to the module and you are done.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Have you triple checked the individual wires at the screw terminals where you wire in the Wideband sensors? Make 100% sure that the wires have a good connection and I recommend first piercing the protective membrane in the terminal with a paper clip or similar before inserting the wires. I will contact Dynojet tomorrow and talk with the tech you are working with. If we determine that there is an issue with the unit or they want it set in I would take care of everything here and get you a new one coming ASAP. We have sold quite a few Auto Tune modules and this is the first issue we have seen.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Jamie, I have checked all the wires...pulled them out and reseated...everything. All harnesses are secure and in the proper position. I believe they are going to tell me to send it in tomorrow morning. The tech didn't think there would be anything else they could troubleshoot with it but he wanted to check with the engineer first.

Stuff happens, what can I say. I will say that the support has been there. You and Power Commander have made every effort possible to correct it and that's all I could ever ask for.

Jamie, do you think I should ride the bike before I get the autotune up? Remember the base map you gave me was for the 09 stage 103...

Old 02-04-2009, 09:09 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
Autotune update: Got home from work a little late Jamie so you guys were already gone for the day...hope you are on here.

I tried all of the things above and got no results. Plugged in laptop, AFR's showing 0.00, then start bike and go through warmup cycle and AFR's read 9.99

The AFR's stay 9.99 after that regardless of how long I let it idle or whether I'm on the throttle or not. The AT options are enabled and the map switch is disabled.

So, I called Dynojet and got their tech (Chris) on the phone who walked me through a ton of tests. Found that the termination plug read no continuity on the ohm meter. Swapped that for the spare they supplied which read good on ohm meter. Still no change. 9.99

They are a bit stumped and need to talk to the engineer tomorrow. They may have to have me send the AT back they said. The tech, Chris, was very helpful and was able to hook into the bike through the laptop...pretty cool my bike was on the internet....and he played with all the settings and got into some options I couldn't. But he was unable to diagnose what my problem is. He went and tried things out on another module where he was and still couldn't come up with anything.

Got any other suggestions?

He's got my number and after he talks to the engineer he's supposed to give me a call.
Man, that's really high-tech support! You ask if I can I offer any more suggestions after all that? Uh, no, but I'm confident they'll track down the problem even if it involves a new unit. Keep us informed! You're apparently running on Jamie's base map, so you should be at or very near peak anyway.

Quick Reply: Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info