Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:39 AM
rmd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i tried everything using base map that JAmie sent.then i set max enlenment and enrichment to %5 and even Before accepting trims all my problems solved. i think if you give 20percent option to AT it screws up trying to find the right setup

Old 08-23-2009, 11:04 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I got my autotune installed yesterday on my 09 road king. The bike is running great!!! My question is, do I need to be doing anything to the auto tune (saving trims) or do I just leave it alone? I am dumb when it comes to all the features of the auto tune, but I have read alot of threads on this forum about saving your setting after each ride. Also how do I do this? Just park the bike, hook up my laptop and clip save trims? Do I need to have power on or the bike running to do this?

Thanks very much for the info. I am going on a 100+ mile ride today that is why I am asking. I may take my laptop with me.

One last thing, Can I leave the USB cable plugged into the power commander while I ride, then at stops hook up my laptop?

Thanks again.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:42 AM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 103 limited motor

has any one added a power commander to the 103 , I tried a limited a few weeks ago and can notice a bit more power and torque than my 96. curious what kind of power that motor will get with a power commander and stage 1 cleaner and pipes would get. I may get a 103 kit for my 2009 and see that there are 2 kits offered, one with 255 cams and one with out the cams. anyone know what cams come in the new limited with the 103.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:07 PM
WI Bob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lhgdale
I

One last thing, Can I leave the USB cable plugged into the power commander while I ride, then at stops hook up my laptop?
I leave the cable attached but off the computer. I routed the cable into the back left bag and check the trims from time to time when I get back home. This is just temporary until the Autotune is about done with it's magic.

The AT really did wonders for me after I added a TW6-6 cam. Both of the matching cam maps from Dynojet were too fat for me. It is running very nice after three trips for a total of only 150 miles.
Bob

Old 08-25-2009, 02:11 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks Bob, I rode Sunday for 130 miles and when I got home checked the trims. I called Jamie Monday and read a few of them off to him. The download he installed on the PCV was almost dead on, but the autotune is doing some tweeking to that map. It's pretty cool to check the trims and see how it's working. The autotune did some adjusting in every rpm range. Bike runs great.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:45 PM
WI Bob
Road Master

Good news. I agree the PCV autotune works good and is fun to play with when you want to. My SG is running better than ever.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Bikerdad61
Tourer

Originally Posted by street_glider
I tried it too - But I couldn't make it work. The wrench I started with didn't have much angle offset. The offset socket is the ticket.
Hey guys, Here is a link to the offset O2 sensor socket that Harbor freight sells. I'm going to pick one up today.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97177

Hopefully my PC-V will be in the mailbox when I get home

Old 08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerdad61
Hey guys, Here is a link to the offset O2 sensor socket that Harbor freight sells. I'm going to pick one up today.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97177

Hopefully my PC-V will be in the mailbox when I get home
That tool works fine for the '07, but as has been mentioned in this thread will not work on '08's because of the angle on the sensor.

Take these steps for an easy removal of the sensors:

1. Warm bike up.

2. Spray some penetrant (e.g. WD-40) on the base of the sensor and let sit for a few minutes.

3. Work the sensor out slowly, repositioning the socket every 1/2-turn or so making sure the wire doesn't bind or twist. If the sensor resists don't force it, but spray on more penetrant, turn the sensor in a bit, spray on more penetrant, then continue to remove it. If you force it you may ruin the threads on the stock sensors.

4. Before installing the PCV sensors apply some anti-seize compound on the threads, but don't get any on the tip or anywhere that protrudes inside the pipe.

Last edited by iclick; 08-26-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Bikerdad61
Tourer

Originally Posted by iclick
That tool works fine for the '07, but as has been mentioned in this thread will not work on '08's because of the angle on the sensor.

Take these steps for an easy removal of the sensors:

1. Warm bike up.

2. Spray some penetrant (e.g. WD-40) on the base of the sensor and let sit for a few minutes.

3. Work the sensor out slowly, repositioning the socket every 1/2-turn or so making sure the wire doesn't bind or twist. If the sensor resists don't force it, but spray on more penetrant, turn the sensor in a bit, spray on more penetrant, then continue to remove it. If you force it you may ruin the threads on the stock sensors.

4. Before installing the PCV sensors apply some anti-seize compound on the threads, but don't get any on the tip or anywhere that protrudes inside the pipe.
I have an '07, thanks for the info Iclick.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Rugar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed

Quick Reply: Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info