Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luc.who
Of course as others have said, I am going to get a good look at the gas mileage after a few tanks and a few smiles.
Please let us know what happens with the gas mileage, assuming you can keep your wrist out of that extra power!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:46 AM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Rather than make my own thread, I thought id just add to Tony's, especially since he was a ton of help setting mine up.

About a month ago I picked up a pc5 from Fuelmoto, with the ultimate intention of adding autotune. Bear in mind this is on a 05 with a 95" kit, so I didnt have factory o2 sensors, nor bungs in my exhaust.

Once I got my rineharts with bungs on I ordered up the autotune and did the install friday night. Install went very smooth with no issues at all. My only gripe is the o2 sensor harness plugs are dam huge, I seriously considered cutting them off and soldier/shrinktube, but was concerned about warranty...

Anyhow got it all wired up, hooked up to the PC5 and enabled autotune. I had a bit of a snafu because target AFR tables were never added to my original map, but alas, 09Streetglider/Tony to the rescue. Popped in some target AFR's he had gotten from Jamie and away I went for a long ride.

I set the max lean/richen at 30% since I didnt really know how close my original basemap was. I had a unknown dealer download, claimed to be a stage 1, but maybe a 1550 stage 1 maybe not. No one seemed to know, plus I had swapped exhaust from hooker tuned flow true duals to the rinehart true duals. I could never expect Jamie's map to be perfect, which is partly why I went with the AT kit.

Anyhow after riding, I did have some minor trims present from the autotune, but amazingly enough none were over 15%, again a major testament to fuelmoto. I had a real conglomoration of mods that I wouldnt imagine was an easy map to make up.

The bike had an amazingly smooth power curve with the autotune adjustments. Roll-ons in any gear were very smooth and accelleration was awesome. places where I knew my bike lagged before, it took off like a rocket. Mileage was 39.9 MPG, and that was pretty heavy on the right wrist at times trying to hit all the cells. I would imagine Tony's trick with leaner target AFR's would net around 42-45 MPG.

My only heads up to anyone wanting to do this is take your time with the install. Fitting a pc5 and the two AT modules in my right side cover was a major bitch, but I got it all in there. some have chose to run the front 02 sensor wiring up and under the tank, but I went down the frame tube and back up into the battery box. For the rear cylinder I went down the transmission and into the bottom of the battery box. Patience is key.

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone on the fence, especially about retrofitting to an older bike. This setup is amazing in my opinion, and the friendliness for future mods is awesome. I was going to do a dyno tune but decided to try this instead. I seriously think I am very close to a dyno tune based on performance. I really cant imagine it getting much smoother.

Attached Thumbnails Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info-photo-1.jpg  

Last edited by OG1; 03-22-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:54 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Gas mileage with PCV

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
Please let us know what happens with the gas mileage, assuming you can keep your wrist out of that extra power!
Wanted to give you an update on gas mileage... I ran 2 tanks through since the PCV was installed. The first tank I got about 36 MPG. I checked it today and with more highway driving and cruising at 70 mph I got 40 MPG.

I also had the opportunity to ride stock 09 bikes today. I am happy with the AC and PCV upgrades. I am looking forward to the added performance with the Jackpots.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

^ Thanks, the feedback is appreciated!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 PM
HD DUDE
Stage I

09 Streetglider

I have the same setup on my streetglide (103 big bore, stage 1 download and ac) but I only purchased the PCV. Would you mide sharing that map you have made. Thanks

Old 04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
bamarider
Tourer

HD dude be patience on 09Streetglider. He left a few weeks to serve our country. He is now in Bagdad. Hope he returns well but I am not sure when he will return. You may be better off PM him.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great work y'all. Tagging so that, in case it doesn't get pinned, I won't loose this thread.

Last edited by RangeRat; 04-07-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

well final ordered my PCV today. Spoke with Debbie - sexy phone voice. Jamie wasnt available. just worried about the install since i have ABS.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:50 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HD DUDE
09 Streetglider

I have the same setup on my streetglide (103 big bore, stage 1 download and ac) but I only purchased the PCV. Would you mide sharing that map you have made. Thanks
HD DUDE: PM sent this morning. Send me an e-mail and I'll get you the map, no problem.

For anyone else: I'm in Iraq now and I don't get very many opportunities to check in on the Forum (WORK NET DOESN'T ALLOW IT )...so if you have any questions I may be able to help with, just PM me and I'll get it when I can.

Last edited by 09StreetGlider; 04-07-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:35 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member

We're missing ya man. Stay safe and thanks for checking in.

V/R
Steve

Quick Reply: Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info