Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow Joe anyone know motor specs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the info you seek from a post made last year.

Originally Posted by Kasper
Does anyone know the specs on this guy's motor? This bike makes some great power. Just curious if anyone knows as a search on the net provided nothing. Thanks.

Originally Posted by SlowJoe
As far as my bike is concerned it is a 2000 Roadglide it was built by Boulder choppers in Henderson NV.by Ken Piefer. They put Horse Power to the pavment not the dyna! 95" 120hp 119lb of torque. Dependable hell look how i ride it!!! #1 702 558 2242
I drove it there on a Thursday and he gave it back to me on that Sunday night. Drove it home to Frisco wideopen! That is just how I ride. All these clips of me around the states. The bike was ridin there never trucked! After 4 years on that motor I just had a valve job done.I rode it to Sturgis twice and all the runs in CA. and NV.
It never left me on the side of the Road stranded.

Last edited by GasCan; 01-27-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Kasper
Tourer

Hey Gascan,

Thanks for finding that for me.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

No problem. I posted in that thread last year and knew that Slow Joe had chimed in about his build. There was another bit of info about him running skid plates at the rear of the bags cause he was wearing holes in them from dragging them on his wheelies.

Guys got some great riding skills. Props to him always!

Old 01-28-2009, 01:14 AM
ajay450
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That guy knows how to handle a bike.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:26 PM
slowjoe frisco
5th Gear
Talking Slow Joe

Does anyone know the specs on this guy's motor? This bike makes some great power. Just curious if anyone knows as a search on the net provided nothing. Thanks.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=p_jMGbvb9uY
You are interested in my motor? Let me tell you its not stock. The video you seen me and the bike in...that motor was built by Ken @ Boulder Choppers in
Henderson Nevada. I know he won't tell you what was done...That is top secret!
But it was a 95'' 120hp 118tq And it was faster then most 124" I only lost 1 race to a local roadglide with 160 hp 159tq and not ashamed of that at all.

The new motor has not been on a dyno yet. It not as fast but it was free and runs 95"s also. The way I ride Ken told me to stick to short strokes big pistons.
I rev them around 7000 rpms. Just to let you know the hole shots I don't use a front BRAKE that is WFO throttle and dropin the clutch chain driven rear wheel. doin donuts front brake applied

Old 08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Big L
Road Warrior

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts

Sweet-Ride, nice video Slow Joe.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

thats a killer video Joe, I watched it a million times, wish I could learn to ride like that, I was wondering if the bike was geared?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Kasper
Tourer

Originally Posted by slowjoe frisco
You are interested in my motor? Let me tell you its not stock. The video you seen me and the bike in...that motor was built by Ken @ Boulder Choppers in
But it was a 95'' 120hp 118tq And it was faster then most 124" I only lost 1 race to a local roadglide with 160 hp 159tq and not ashamed of that at all.

The new motor has not been on a dyno yet. It not as fast but it was free and runs 95"s also. The way I ride Ken told me to stick to short strokes big pistons.
I rev them around 7000 rpms. Just to let you know the hole shots I don't use a front BRAKE that is WFO throttle and dropin the clutch chain driven rear wheel. doin donuts front brake applied
Thanks for responding Slowjoe!
I was curious as to what the power output of your motor was so I would have something to judge my bike's power level to, I don't see many posts on the internet with clips as impressive as yours so I was really curious as to the power level your bike was achieving. As you can see from my post I'm running a Jims 120 with the Zippers/Thundermax Fuel Injection kit designed for my Motor. My bike runs good and is extremely fast, I have no problems lifting the front wheel, but I do admit I lack your riding skills.
Thanks again.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master

Originally Posted by slowjoe frisco

ask and you shall recieve!
thats what I like about this forum...

Old 08-12-2009, 10:30 AM
slowjoe frisco
5th Gear
Default is my bike geared

Thanks for responding Slowjoe!
I was curious as to what the power output of your motor was so I would have something to judge my bike's power level to, I don't see many posts on the internet with clips as impressive as yours so I was really curious as to the power level your bike was achieving. As you can see from my post I'm running a Jims 120 with the Zippers/Thundermax Fuel Injection kit designed for my Motor. My bike runs good and is extremely fast, I have no problems lifting the front wheel, but I do admit I lack your riding skills.
Thanks again.
My gearing is stock out the box. I took the belt off put on a chain. Sprockets are equal to the stock gearing. Sounds like you have a runner as well.
Stay on two wheels or one if you dare!
Slow Joe

Quick Reply: Slow Joe anyone know motor specs?