Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC-V on 2009 HD 103" Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:35 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question PC-V on 2009 HD 103" Stage 1

OK I've been waiting long enough and listening to everyone rave about their PC-V on stock engine configs....I'm sold on the PC-V. I've been patiently waiting for the development of maps for the stage 1 103's and still haven't seen anything. The waiting is killing me!

I'm dying to pull the trigger on a kit with Rush/PC-V from FuelMoto!

Jaime, have you guys got a map for 103's yet???

Anyone else had a map made for this config???

Help, I'm dying to get this motor running/sounding the way it should. I'm tired of sounding like a Honda!

Old 01-25-2009, 01:11 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
OK I've been waiting long enough and listening to everyone rave about their PC-V on stock engine configs....I'm sold on the PC-V. I've been patiently waiting for the development of maps for the stage 1 103's and still haven't seen anything. The waiting is killing me!

I'm dying to pull the trigger on a kit with Rush/PC-V from FuelMoto!

Jaime, have you guys got a map for 103's yet???

Anyone else had a map made for this config???

Help, I'm dying to get this motor running/sounding the way it should. I'm tired of sounding like a Honda!
Why not spend another $299 and get the PCV Auto-Tune upgrade? This setup will tune your bike on the fly to your specfications, not requiring a dyno tune or custom map. I did a write-up recently for my '07, although most of that info involves installing it on that bike, which is very different from your '09. The results should not be different, however.

I am using FM's base map and tweaked the Target AFR numbers in the interest of gas mileage. If the going gets hot in summer I can flip the optional switch (any on-off switch will do) and revert to the richer base map to cool things down. This is a very trick package, IMO, that for most of us will eliminate dyno tunes and replacement maps as we upgrade our performance hardware, or if we do. The performance is so good on this TC96 that I may never make any further engine mods.

And don't pass up those Jackpot mufflers! That's the biggest factor in the performance enhancements.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Originally Posted by iclick
I am using FM's base map
My problem is...last I heard there is no base map for my setup. I hear Fuelmoto base maps are so good there's really no reason to add the auto tune module???

Just trying to see if anyone with a stage 1 103 has gone to PC-V and how they got their base map/tune????????

Old 01-25-2009, 01:20 PM
UALCapt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have been waiting for word on the 103". I have an '09 factory 103 (police). I've Emailed FuelMoto several times in the past three weeks with questions regarding the PC-V, but have received no response. I'd like to order and install one ASAP and don't want the auto-tune feature. (I also have an '07 103" with the Zippers closed loop system and don't think it was worth the almost $1K price.)

How about it Jaime ... any answers?

Thanks.

Last edited by UALCapt; 01-25-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:41 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
My problem is...last I heard there is no base map for my setup. I hear Fuelmoto base maps are so good there's really no reason to add the auto tune module???

Just trying to see if anyone with a stage 1 103 has gone to PC-V and how they got their base map/tune????????
I think you're right about Jamie's maps being spot-on. When I look at the Trim Table produced by Auto-Tune there is almost no change from Jamie's base map in the higher RPM/TP ranges. I might see one or two "1" or "-1" adjustments at 60-100% TP, but overall very few changes--IOW lots of zeros, which means no trim at all.

The cruise range is another matter, however, as I'm specifying a much leaner Target AFR than Jamie originally installs in his base maps. If the going gets hot in summer I can flip the switch and revert to the richer base map, so there's no downside to this IMO, and basically a "have your cake and eat it too" proposition. The good thing about the AT is that you don't have to guess at the AFR you're running if you decide to tweak it in this manner. If you want 14.7:1, that's what you specify and that's what you'll get. With the PCIII and PCV with no-AT I was tuning the cruise range by the seat of my pants, watching/listening for detonation, high oil temps, and surging. I never messed with Jamie's map above 40% TP, as I want full performance when it is needed.

If your not a mileage nutcase like me, just install Jamie's base map and don't worry about maximizing mileage. On my '07 leaving zeros in the cruise range amounted to around stoich, which is as lean as you should run it, but I can't speculate on the settings for an '08 or '09. Jamie tells me that compared to my '07 they are set richer at the ECU with ignition advance retarded to bring emissions to EPA specs.

What I like about AT is having the ability to make changes (cams, etc.) without the need for a dyno tune or installing different maps, not to mention the peace of mind knowing your AFR is where you specify it regardless of conditions.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:43 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by UALCapt
I too have been waiting for word on the 103". I have an '09 factory 103 (police). I've Emailed FuelMoto several times in the past three weeks with questions regarding the PC-V, but have received no response.
He told me he gets 400 emails a day and can't answer all of them expeditiously. Give them a call and talk to Keith or Jamie.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,166 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Hello, we have not yet developed any 103" maps for the 09 bike. Unforunately, it will likely be early spring before we have anything. We must keep our 2009 bike a stock 96" for all of the product testing and development we are involved in at the moment. The Auto Tune module would be the the other option and we would be able to put together a base map for you with the AFR targets to get you started.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-25-2009, 04:53 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Question

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Hello, we have not yet developed any 103" maps for the 09 bike. Unforunately, it will likely be early spring before we have anything. We must keep our 2009 bike a stock 96" for all of the product testing and development we are involved in at the moment. The Auto Tune module would be the the other option and we would be able to put together a base map for you with the AFR targets to get you started.
Thanks for your reply Jamie! When you say "get you started" do you mean close enough for the autotune to do the rest....or do you mean I'll need to get a tuner to get me closer? Really looking for something already spot on because I don't trust any of the tuners around here...and I don't know what I'm doing to try it myself.

I'm leaving on deployment at the end of March....so I guess it'll have to wait for me to get back...

Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Bump to top...just once.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:31 PM
BigD64
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to do the same thing with a Ness Big Sucker Stage 1, V&H basic slipons, and the PC V for my 09 FLHTP with the 103. I am going to have Dr. Dyno do the tweaking. I hope to do it some time near the end of March I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Quick Reply: PC-V on 2009 HD 103" Stage 1