Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC-V on 2009 HD 103" Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:32 PM
UALCapt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Please keep all of us 103 guys posted on developments.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:38 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

The beauty of the Auto Tune kit is that you can start with a zeroed map and the AT will tune on the fly, thus no need for a "spot-on" base map or a dyno tune.

In fact it will create an ideal base map if you want. Start with a zeroed base map using Jamie's standard Target AFR tables already in the unit, ride it for 50 miles through all RPM and TP ranges, then from the PCV software click on Auto Tune > Accept Trims, which will write the trim tables to a new base map.

Once that base map is created you can adjust the Target AFR to your specs, like for gas mileage in the cruise range. If you want, add a simple on-off switch and you can toggle between AT and the base map. Then you'll have a lean map for mileage and the ability to switch to the richer base map (open loop) when the going gets hot in summer traffic.

Add a cam upgrade later on? Write a map for that setup. It's a very flexible tool.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:55 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iclick
The beauty of the Auto Tune kit is that you can start with a zeroed map and the AT will tune on the fly, thus no need for a "spot-on" base map or a dyno tune.
Can anyone else second this? If the auto tune on PC-V is that good then I may go ahead and pull the trigger. I am definately not a tuner and don't think I would understand anything I was playing with if I tried...would I be able to do this?

Jamie, do you have anything to say on this?

Old 01-27-2009, 03:12 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,166 Likes on 1,358 Posts

The Auto Tune for the PC V is by far the best auto tune we have seen to date. It is very straight forward to work with and the the end results have shown to be very accurate. We also have specific AFR tables we have developed which we supply and we can also setup the PC-V and Auto Tune module settings so everything is ready to install when you recieve it. We also offer 100% technical support on these items.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-27-2009, 04:19 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Well...after MUCH research and bouncing around different things for fuel management/exhaust mods on my 103" 09 SG I just pulled the trigger. After Jamie's last post I called him and ordered PC-V, Auto tune, and their Jackpot slip-ons. Should be here in 3 days.

Now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!

I'll let you know how the aototune works for the 103" in a few days.

Now I need to schedule a dyno run so I can see the before and after....

Old 01-27-2009, 09:38 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
Well...after MUCH research and bouncing around different things for fuel management/exhaust mods on my 103" 09 SG I just pulled the trigger. After Jamie's last post I called him and ordered PC-V, Auto tune, and their Jackpot slip-ons. Should be here in 3 days.

Now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!
I really think you'll like this package. The PCV+AT is very slick and the Jackpot mufflers are awesome.

I'll let you know how the aototune works for the 103" in a few days.
Just install it with Jamie's settings and you'll be happy, except mileage could be better. That's where the tweaking comes in, if you want to do it.

Now I need to schedule a dyno run so I can see the before and after....
There's really no need for a dyno tune, but I understand the need to see the numbers. Please post the chart, not just the numbers, when you get them. I'm very interested in the seeing the dyno chart after adding everything so I can compare it with mine. That would be 96" vs. 103". In the interest of my bank account I hope the difference isn't too impressive!

Last edited by iclick; 01-27-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Originally Posted by iclick
IIf you ordered the Jackpot mufflers I'm very interested in the seeing the dyno chart after adding everything so I can compare it with mine. It would be 96" vs. 103".
In the interest of my bank account I hope the difference isn't too impressive!
I did get the dyno tuned jackpots...I think we decided on something like a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 baffle dont' remember. I think he said 53mm, whatever that works out to. I wanted more volume and he recommended those. I asked if I should get V&H Duals and he said they would rob too much from the low end and the stock 09's do just fine. So I stuck with stock head pipes. Anyway, I'm calling about expense of dyno runs tomorrow then I'll decide. I would like to see the numbers before and after though. I'll let you know.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Dr. Combustion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

53mm/25.4 mm per inch = 2.09 inches (i.e., 2 inch baffles)

Old 01-27-2009, 09:57 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dr. Combustion
53mm/25.4 mm per inch = 2.09 inches (i.e., 2 inch baffles)
OK I guess that sounds right....guess I'll see when they get here. Thanks

Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
I did get the dyno tuned jackpots...I think we decided on something like a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 baffle dont' remember. I think he said 53mm, whatever that works out to. I wanted more volume and he recommended those. I asked if I should get V&H Duals and he said they would rob too much from the low end and the stock 09's do just fine. So I stuck with stock head pipes. Anyway, I'm calling about expense of dyno runs tomorrow then I'll decide. I would like to see the numbers before and after though. I'll let you know.
The Jackpots are very trick. I assume the 53mm dimension is the diameter of the right baffle, which is about 2", the left being smaller with a 3/4" reversion cone. The magic of this system is that they emulate a 2-into-1 by channeling most exhaust flow through the right muffler, yet are much cheaper by using the stock head pipes. I bought mine before the Jackpots were created, installing the same baffles in my Rush mufflers, and the performance difference compared to the Rush with 1.75" on both sides (my first setup) was amazing. The dyno chart showed it and I could feel it.

I think you were wise resisting the temptation to install true-duals. Although owners like the stereo sound, the look, and/or the lack of heat on the right leg ('08 and earlier), it will decrease low-end torque and probably peak HP. The crossover is there for a reason, and with TD's you eliminate it.