Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with these 09 Mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:30 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by georgemcghee
I have the slash down ends.
From your photos, they look like one piece street performance mufflers, Are you sure those have removable ends? (You would know of course).

There are two types of Screamin' Eagle mufflers. One is a (one piece) Street Performance muffler, comes slash up or slash down, or black I believe and the Touring Mufflers that you need to buy end caps for and there are like 7 different end cap styles to choose from.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 852 Likes on 295 Posts

Seriously- The CFR muff is not going to make a person like Rodeo happy. After reading this entire thread, I am not certain there is any muffler available that would. You appear to have warranty anxiety. Some one has scared you silly. Its BS. My bike has mods, been to the dealer 3 times for warranty issues. Do yourself a favor, and get over the factory warranty. It is only voided when the mod itself caused the problem specifically related to the mod.

If your not sure about muffers, its like trying to describe a blind date to someone on the internet. Respectfully, get your lazy butts down to the dealer, grab a cup of free dealer coffee and wait for the pipes to roll in. Sooner or later you will hear and see what you personally like. Anything told in here is pretty much fodder when it comes to sound. Everyone likes something better then something else. Or just throw money at it, and take your chances.

To those others interested in the CFR. Couple things to consider. They play well on a 96 with a stock headpipe. Not so well, with true duals. That is to say very hard to tune. In my combo I had a reversion issue way low at 2400 RPM.

On a 103 they run fine with true duals as in "RocDocs" case and very likely also a stock crossover. These particular mufflers are not quiet. They are the deepest sounding mufflers money can buy. They do sound incredible awesome, and have a very deep tone. To date the CFR is my own very favorite muffler for sound and looks. Now plan on 110DB with them. They have huge big presence.

Originally Posted by rockdoc
Yah....I'm running C' Numb's CFR's on my bike now. They are awesome. Sounds like a friggin Chevy big block with glass packs - very deep rumble...nothing compares with them. Also gave my bike the extra top end it was missing when I was running the Vance and Hines.

rock...on

Old 01-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Bluegrasser
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DonnyLee,

You are correct. Based on what Rodeo is looking for the CFR is not a good fit. I should have stated that in my post.

(They are incredible, though )

Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 852 Likes on 295 Posts

Definately a best kept secret. I have only seen one other pair on the road.

These Muffs were Comfortably Numbs. We have done lots of testing with them!

Originally Posted by Bluegrasser
DonnyLee,

You are correct. Based on what Rodeo is looking for the CFR is not a good fit. I should have stated that in my post.

(They are incredible, though )

Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
georgemcghee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RODEO
From your photos, they look like one piece street performance mufflers, Are you sure those have removable ends? (You would know of course).

There are two types of Screamin' Eagle mufflers. One is a (one piece) Street Performance muffler, comes slash up or slash down, or black I believe and the Touring Mufflers that you need to buy end caps for and there are like 7 different end cap styles to choose from.

I just meant i had the slash downs not removable slash downs.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
matt0907
1st Gear
Default not listed

Try kuryakyns slashers, they are a happy medium between vance and hines and reinhart slip ons. They have a great look with the same great quality as other kuryankyn parts. Kuryakyn by the way is another company that was started by Tom Rudd, same guy that founded drag specialties.....

Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
coolmac
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at the new Khrome Werks 3.5' slipons.
Great low TQ and a deep sound.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Sgt York
Tourer

Will the se 80721-09 work with true duals?

Thanks