Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with these 09 Mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by g money
Christ, for $400 tie a balloon to your swingarm and let it rub the spokes if all you want is a little bit of noise. I think the 09 stock mufflers sound great compared to other years.
Gary D.
I fully agree, the 09s are good sounding stock cans. I want maybe just a tad more, and the only way to find out is to try a set of the Touring Mufflers. Hello Zanotti's?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 375 Likes on 216 Posts
Thumbs up

I am very pleased with the SE Touring mufflers. They aren't loud, but are noticably throatier than the stock mufflers at idle and even more so when on the throttle. The exhaust is now even, whereas with the stock mufflers there was more flow coming from the *left* muffler. (At least at idle and partial throttle) I intend on riding throughout the country and like the fact they are 50 state legal and are stamped as such.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ridewva
I am very pleased with the SE Touring mufflers. They aren't loud, but are noticably throatier than the stock mufflers at idle and even more so when on the throttle. The exhaust is now even, whereas with the stock mufflers there was more flow coming from the *left* muffler. (At least at idle and partial throttle) I intend on riding throughout the country and like the fact they are 50 state legal and are stamped as such.
What end caps are those (have any close up photos?) I am thinking of getting the turn down end caps.

The very first time you started the bike up after putting them on, What was your thought reaction? Holy crap these are louder? or what? How much different then stock do you really ffeel they are?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 AM
ratcat
Tourer

A friend of mine would like to buy a stock head pipe set for an 09 touring bike for his 09CVO SERG. If you would like just to sell the stock pipes, let me know.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm assume they make them for 09's if so look at CFR you won't find a better sounding muffler.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:31 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Trock
I'm assume they make them for 09's if so look at CFR you won't find a better sounding muffler.

who is CFR? got a web address?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 375 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by RODEO
What end caps are those (have any close up photos?) I am thinking of getting the turn down end caps.

The very first time you started the bike up after putting them on, What was your thought reaction? Holy crap these are louder? or what? How much different then stock do you really ffeel they are?

Those are the stock mufflers in my sig picture. I have the angled endcaps, turned down.

As I was finishing the install I was wondering if there would even be a noticable difference in sound. Some said their would be but others said their probably wouldn't. When I first started it I thought: "Yes! Perfect, just what I was hoping". I went for a three hour ride and my initial feeling remained. Hard to measure "how much different than stock". Lets just say; if you feel the stock cans sound OK but would like them a little throatier, you'll like the SE mufflers. But if you think the stock cans are way too quiet you'll feel that these are better, but a waste of money and you should have gone with a different choice.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you go to true duals (if they are available) that will increase the volume considerable.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:00 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks Ridewva,

Based upon your description, I'm probably going to love them then. As you described it sounds like a 100% match for what I am seeking from them.

I just realized the prices for the "end caps" are INDIVIDUAL - Ouch!

I'll order these from Zanottis today, likely with the turn down caps or maybe the standard slash cut.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:05 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
This guy on Ebay sells modded stock pipes and has four sound levels available. Hard to go wrong for $125-175, and his reputation is 100% with nearly 1,100 sales.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/tkepple03
I run a set of his pipes our '06 Ultra, and am very satisfied with his "Stage 2, with both the sound and performance. I've not dyno'ed our bike, but with the Stage One download and SE aircleaner, it runs great. IMO, they do sound a little "tinny" at idle, as compared to glasspakked pipes, but riders behind me tell me they sound nice going down the road, and we can hear the radio fine, as his ad states.

He knocks out the center baffle plates, and grinds out the baffle from the inlet end, to create the "stages". Another plus, is that they are stock pipes, so they carry the EPA stamping, and unlike other modifiers on eBay, the end of the pipe looks like stock as well.

Just for kicks, I put my stock pipes back on last summer for a day, and the bike felt like it was strangling.

Last edited by MNPGRider; 01-24-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone with these 09 Mufflers?