Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife won't be riding anymore...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:28 PM
monkish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wife won't be riding anymore...

Well I kinda figured it would happen this way. I just hadn't heard her say it until today. It just came out of the blue while eating lunch with a friend. For those who don't know, she was rearended on May 29th while on her bike at a stop sign by a woman who intended to run it. 35 - 40 mile an hour impact. Total loss on the 07 SG and messed her neck up pretty bad.

This has really stired up some feelings that I had laid to rest. (towards the woman who hit her) The bottom line is that she is going to be fine but now I have to come to terms with the fact that the woman who hit her has taken my BEST RIDING BUD AWAY FROM ME. That my friends can not be replaced with a new bike or a good settlement.

My wife just can't get past the fear of it happening again. She now has 3 disks fused and is jumpy even in a car. She is confident with her skills but not everyone else out there.

I will continue to ride but it just won't be the same. I am not looking for any sympathy as I/WE are very blessed that it was not any worse. I just needed to vent a bit and now I will carry on and life will be good.

Thanks for letting me vent and please ride safe.

Last edited by monkish; 01-24-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Truely hate to hear that. I'm not sure what I would do if in your shoes/boots. Wife and I do all sorts of riding and I can always depend on her being ready. Maybe in some time your will be able to get back on or even back behind you. She has to heal first physically.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

Sounds like she needs some time. She seems to have some good years of riding left in here just needs to get over the nerves. When the temps get nicer and your out there riding without her she might snap back to her old self.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

First, I'm happy that you still have her. I guess I understand where she's coming from but I hope that someday she'll feel good about getting back on a bike.

Give her our best from here on the forum.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

She needs time and 100% support. Maybe she'll ride again. It needs to be her decision.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:43 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For now you lost your best riding buddy. Thank God you didn't lose your wife!
My wife and I had a couple of close calls. I put it behind me. She did not. We have done a few short runs but thats it.
However---she knows my passion and isn't asking me not to ride. Find something else in coming like a RV camper or anything else.
Within time she may come back to it. If not, you still have your wife! GOOD LUCK!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:46 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was rear ended at a stop light, although not that severely and it took 6 months or so to get that feeling back. Give her plenty of time, she may come back to it.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:47 PM
FLoTR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda know how feel. A few people that we knew/know were in serious accidents on their bikes. The last one lost a leg up to the pants pocket, 2 years ago. She ain't rode 100 miles since. Just scared of the idiots in the world

Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member

I'm also glad to hear she is still with you. Don't pressure her and maybe she'll come back around.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:04 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya'll are blessed she's still around. Leaver Be.

Quick Reply: Wife won't be riding anymore...