Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foremost Insurance????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:35 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foremost Insurance????

Im in the process of renewing my MC Insurance Policy, checking out prices I now have Progressive and AARP offered me MC Insurance thru Foremost and Ill save about $220 a year same coverage!!
Anyone have Foremost now that can offer advice as far as if theyre a good reliable Co. have you had to make any claims and how did they treat you Id appreciate any feedback Im in NYC so rates are high anyways on my 08 FLHTC thanks BV

Old 01-23-2009, 09:37 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had them for about a year and so far no claims. I have heard good things from others on here though. I would recomend them.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:40 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had Foremost for about a year now. Have my Ultra insured with them. I've been checking to find a lower rate but can't find any other insurance co. that can beat them.

Attached Thumbnails Foremost Insurance????-dsc04566r.jpg  
Old 01-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

I had Progressive, but the 2nd year they increased the premium quite a bit for no reason. I checked with several others when it came time to renew and Foremost was the least expensive by far. They used to be called Dairyland I believe, and many recommended them. So far so good. I'm on my third year and they continue to keep the rates down.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess I am the odd man out on Foremost and AARP. I joined AARP mainly just because of the supposed insurance discounts. I have no tickets and no wrecks so I figure I'd do real well through AARP. Well my Harley policy is up for renewal so I went to AARP and hit up Foremost. DANG! Full coverage they came back at $788 a year and I am only paying $498 a year already through Geico. Needless to say I didn't switch and seems I wasted my money on AARP.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't belong to AARP and still got an excellent price out of Foremost. I checked Geico but they were as expensive as Progressive. I have an excellent credit history and driving history, so I have no idea why Geico would have been so expensive. Sometimes I wonder what these companies really use to determine their premiums. BTW, I'm ex military and have USAA insurance for everything else. Too bad they don't cover bikes anymore.

Last edited by Taterdog; 01-23-2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 01-23-2009, 10:05 PM
hdjoe88
Road Captain

They've been around awhile. I switched to them and saved a little over $100/year.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Pig
I guess I am the odd man out on Foremost and AARP. I joined AARP mainly just because of the supposed insurance discounts. I have no tickets and no wrecks so I figure I'd do real well through AARP. Well my Harley policy is up for renewal so I went to AARP and hit up Foremost. DANG! Full coverage they came back at $788 a year and I am only paying $498 a year already through Geico. Needless to say I didn't switch and seems I wasted my money on AARP.
Found this to be true with most anything associated with AARP.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 PM
CAPTAMERACA
Advanced

i had formost for my gl1800. when i had a claim, they were johnny on the spot. i changed to a new ultra, checked with the gecko they were 100.00 higher. so i stayed with formost.
but i did change my auto policies to the gecko saved big time with higher coverage and less money.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:52 PM
tatertot
Cruiser

I have Foremost and been lucky enough not to have to use it. My policy runs me around $300/yr.

Quick Reply: Foremost Insurance????