Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classified ad bickering......

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:25 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had about four transactions from the classifieds, and every one went smooth. I tend to look at who's been around awhile, and it goes without saying you've got to trust who you're dealing with. Guess I didn't realize there was this much of a problem. May have to be a little more careful in the future. The way I look at it, you're only as good as your word. If you give your word on something, you best stand up and do the right thing. Things have a way of coming back around to those that are rippin' folks off. Sad to hear about this, I really thought this was more of a stand up group.
PS>>Just went back and read TrailFndr's thread. If he's correct I feel alot better about what's going on. And I agree folks not involved in the transaction, should stay not involved! Thanks TrailFndr....

Last edited by bigskyhd; 01-22-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:19 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailfndr
I believe that what the original poster was talking about was not the transaction between buyer and seller, but the posting on the threads by others not interested in the item, just trying to shoot the seller in the foot.

What you or I sell something for, is dependant upon the seller and the buyer. Others should keep thier noses out of it, and stop posting negative remarks about an item, or its asking price. Any transaction that is made in good faith, by both parties, and ends up making both happy...is no one elses concern.

I also would like to see the ad section limited to the origanal poster, and any answers, or questions handled by PM. I believe it would save alot of animosity, and bad feelings between a seller and someone not even interested in the item.

I have both bought and sold several items on this site, and not had any problems with any transaction that I have been involved in.
BINGO! That's exactly what I was trying to say. They are classified ads, to buy and sell. Not an extension of the forum for conversation.

I do agree on the PM/Email idea between potential buyers and sellers, to cut down on clutter. It's especially hard on the people who originated the post, since their posts keep getting knocked further down the chain due to unnecessary postings.

Thanks for the clarification Trailfndr!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a great website but like everything else buyer beware i got screwed here
to by pro finish who is no longer on this site i can only guess why but you cant
blame the site-ride safe

Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 PM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

The one purchase I made here was great, now after I installed those SE mufflers I realized why they were for sale, POS! As stated earlier you have to be careful and watch for signs of a scam. Like I told my wife like 57 times when she was looking for a car for my son on craigslist, If it sounds too good to be true it is! I think the site does a good job, if they made it a-hole proof some bigger a-holes would show up.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to comment on the peeps that throw their 2 cents in when they are not interested in buying:

Don't want it, don't like it? Move on. No comments necessary.

Personally, I have on several occasions sent a PM to a seller just letting them know that perhaps their asking price was a little high based on past postings. But as stated that was via PM and then it was up to the seller to drop his price or not.

I've sold a ton of stuff here on a cyber-handshake and have yet to get burned. Paying attention to post counts tells alot about a buyer or seller.

Last edited by Primo; 01-22-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Shouldn't this be posted in the classified section??? j/k JD

I personally think the only person that should be able to respond to a classified ad is the person who posted it. To either bump it or say it is sold. I specifically put in all of my ads to PM me with questions or if interested. It is amazing the amount of people who still post questions in the thread. Sometimes I don't end up seeing them until a week later. And by then it is usually too late.

And then there is the ones who come into peoples ads posting that the price is too high or they can get it somewhere else cheaper. Well then go by it somewhere else idiot. Quit pissing on other peoples threads.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had about 4 or 5 transactions, both buying and selling, and all have been flawless. I just sold my E-Z Brake pedal to a guy. He says the check's in the mail, so I sent it to him. Good enough for me, and I won't whine if I ever get burned doing that. Life is short, and it's not a lot of money.

I also dislike the folks that just want to complain about the price, but have no intention of buying it. I don't mind if someone says they're interested, but the going rate is X and you're asking Y. That's normal and expected.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:49 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 604 Likes on 439 Posts

I've got some stuff from people on here. Always been great transactions. I've seen something advertised for more than I thought they were worth, Always kept quiet. Just cause its not worth it to me does not mean its not to somebody else. There's a sucker born every minute, just hope I wasn't the one in my minute.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

I've sold several items on this site and never had a problem. Each buyer let me know when the item arrived and that it was advertised. I have also purchased items from this site and will continue to do so. Unfortunately, one rotten apple does tend to spoil barrel!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:22 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

I have bought and sold both in this Forum .. All transactions have gone smooth as glass .. All my Buys and Sales except one have been done with Paypal which is my preferred way of doing business on the net at least can complain and try to recover your money just in case.. Although so far every transaction has been great both ways .. Are some fine people out here...

Quick Reply: Classified ad bickering......