Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classified ad bickering......

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

paypal protects the buyer a lil, but if your into sending money to people you really don't know send some my way

Old 01-22-2009, 01:40 AM
TheBagger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had two people here misrepresent what they were selling. Both times it was a minuscule loss for me. If it's a big dollar item being sold on this site you better watch your a$$, no $hit about it!

I feel sorry for the people here that try to screw HD Forum members in a sale, you have no idea what your #ucking with...

Old 01-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm lucky. I bought and sold a good bit of stuff on here. Never a problem. I'm careful who I buy from, never a newbe.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:58 AM
Frankie-FLHXI
Road Master

well i'm in the middle of a transaction with jon ... i'm glad i really sent the check ... lol

Old 01-22-2009, 09:07 AM
mrbuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

maybe there should be a post minimum are join date cut off for sellers?

Old 01-22-2009, 09:42 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbuck
maybe there should be a post minimum are join date cut off for sellers?
In order to post an Ad (start a thread) in the HDF Free Classified Section you must have been a member at HDF for at least 30 days and have a minimum of 25 posts unrelated to the Classified Section. You can purchase items as a new member but it is highly recommended that nothing be sent until payment is made. HDForums.com is not responsible for any loss of money or items sold here.

I have sold a few items recently, and had nothing but good experience with the guys buying. As always though, i guess it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bushel.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've made this statement here before. I traded my 06 RK in when I bought my 09 Ultra and I pulled off all of the accessories and sold them here in the classifieds. I sold what turned out to be $1700 worth of items to 11 different people who sent me checks thru the mail then I shipped the item as soon as ck was received. Not one single problem and all the cks were good. I had no negative feed back from anyone so I guess everyone was satisfied with their purchase. Could not have had a better experience.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that what the original poster was talking about was not the transaction between buyer and seller, but the posting on the threads by others not interested in the item, just trying to shoot the seller in the foot.

What you or I sell something for, is dependant upon the seller and the buyer. Others should keep thier noses out of it, and stop posting negative remarks about an item, or its asking price. Any transaction that is made in good faith, by both parties, and ends up making both happy...is no one elses concern.

I also would like to see the ad section limited to the origanal poster, and any answers, or questions handled by PM. I believe it would save alot of animosity, and bad feelings between a seller and someone not even interested in the item.

I have both bought and sold several items on this site, and not had any problems with any transaction that I have been involved in.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:43 AM
HHI Dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found and joined this forum because I was looking for info on my RKC. My rear pulley bolts backed out and shredded the pully and the rear wheel.

"iclick" hooked me up with a rear pulley and laced wheel for a great price, answered all of my questions, and shipped the items promptly.

So...thanks.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:58 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

That's what Ebay's for.

Quick Reply: Classified ad bickering......