Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley - Sidecars during Inauguration???

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009 | 04:01 PM
Rodman813
|
Road Captain
Default Harley - Sidecars during Inauguration???

I noticed all the Harley's had sidecars....So what do you think? .........Do they use sidecars for the tradition of Inauguration or for the convenience of the riders. It is about 2 miles of stop and go. ALthough the riders are very experienced, I'd think the sidecar eliminates alot of wear and tear on them. (balances, stop and go, etc).......

Old 01-20-2009 | 04:08 PM
UALCapt
Cruiser

Maybe they're fitted during the winter months in case of inclement weather?

Old 01-20-2009 | 04:20 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

DC Metro, Park Police use quite a few HD's with hacks in the winter. They don't put them away just because it snows...those guys ride year round. They have a blanket of sorts that go over the engine guards and wrap around them to help keep warm....tough bunch of riders....
It's a awesome sight all those motors coming around a corner, in a "V" formation.....they have all my respect as motor officers.....

Old 01-20-2009 | 04:21 PM
runnhrd
Road Master

Being a former PD officer in the DC area. The side cars are put onto the MPDC motors when the weather gets cold for safety for ice and snow. They come back of around end of April. MPDC motor officers ride all year round!

Old 01-20-2009 | 04:34 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Casper
DC Metro, Park Police use quite a few HD's with hacks in the winter. They don't put them away just because it snows...those guys ride year round. They have a blanket of sorts that go over the engine guards and wrap around them to help keep warm....tough bunch of riders....
It's a awesome sight all those motors coming around a corner, in a "V" formation.....they have all my respect as motor officers.....
I agree. I've seen them riding when I chose not to due to the weather.

Old 01-20-2009 | 04:42 PM
woodysan
Novice
Smile Credit????????

Hey guys lets give these leo's a little credit,check out the wind chill factor without the MC. Woody

Old 01-20-2009 | 04:53 PM
MAscrew
Advanced

Snipers hidden in the side car.

Old 01-20-2009 | 07:12 PM
timmartin
Intermediate

I live in southern Maryland and one passed me on the way to work yesterday doing about 75mph. I looked up at my overhead console and temperature gauge read 36 degrees - too cold for me!

Old 01-20-2009 | 07:35 PM
cfoster80
Tourer

I work down the street from the white house and often see the motorcade for the pres. it s pretty bad a$$ seeing those motorcycle police riding around. They do ride all year round (crazy but pretty cool).

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:42 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain

for ice and snow.. when i was a motor officer the side car would go on in october/ november and come off in march/april.. you put in for motor you ride all year! side cars are a blast drifting in the snow!

Quick Reply: Harley - Sidecars during Inauguration???