Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat shield for thigh

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006 | 07:55 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Heat shield for thigh

Someone had mentioned, not that long ago about getting a product like this (No more fried thighs) and were very happy with them. Also mentioned at that time, was a discount if HDforums was mentioned. Does anyone remember this? I spoke to RJ and he said he never offered a discount. Trying to remember who it was. Can anyone help???

By the By...RJ's sounds like a great product. I am seriously considering them.

Old 05-28-2006 | 10:37 PM
KoolKing Rep
Stage I

I represent a new product like that. It's the KoolKing heat deflector by Peking Enterprises. http://www.pekingenterprises.com/

It fits under the seat and blocks the heat coming off of the exhaust. It has removable side panels that you can take off easily if it's not hot out. The guy that invented it rides in Miami so he knows all about heat. It fits Ultra Classics, Roadkings, Street Glides, Electra Glides, Road Glides, Screaming Eagles and Police bikes. It's $179.95 and shipping is free.
<p>

Jay
Apex Unlimited Inc.
http://www.apexunlimited.us

Old 05-30-2006 | 01:52 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

In responce to your post, I went to your web site and noticed that you have "Patent Pending". I went all thru that and everytime there's an obstacle. The patent attorney will charge you more money for whatever changes are needed. I'm just giving you a "heads up" on this matter. I already have the patent! Patent US 6,854,542 B2 It's not the Design Patent, but the Utility patent (which thru technical writing covers so much more than just a design patent) and your product is possibly infringing on mine. I'm in contact with my attorneys at this time and I feel it would be in your best interests to think twice before you post in here or any place else for that matter. I will be a sponcer in here, as soon as we work out the details. I'm stating this to you in a friendly manor.
zoood/RJ

Old 05-30-2006 | 07:26 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master

I know this is your baby Zoood but I don't think you need to worry about them too much. Can you say "plug ugly!"
Looks more like a horse blanket. Yours blend in with the lines of the bike and almost disappear.

Old 05-30-2006 | 08:38 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

I agree with Ultra. Zoood, your design is far nicer.

KoolKing Rep, I think I would research that patent thing a little more... before I waste anymore money. Not that I want to rain on anybody's parade but, that sounds like it could be quite costly and only the lawyers will be rubbing their hands together.

Old 05-30-2006 | 11:18 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member

Name:  Picture830.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  Picture831.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  61.1 KB

Old 05-30-2006 | 11:20 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member

Now you tell me which ones look better? I won't even go into flowing with the lines of the bike

Old 07-20-2006 | 11:27 PM
EDCT100
Road Captain

Thanks RJ.....the information is very helpful. I will be going to your site and making a purchase for my '06 Road King Classic. I've had it with the excess heat!

Ed

Old 07-21-2006 | 12:24 AM
BigTom
Cruiser

Will you be in Sturgis selling these this year? If not, how fast o you ship them out?

Old 07-21-2006 | 02:08 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor

i just cancelled on going to sturgis. I will be there or have someone there selling next year. As for now I have to focus on manufacturing. You guys at HD Forums are keeping me busy, plus the rest of the internet. Thank you!
As for shipment. Depending upon what you need. I can probably ship tomorrow or Saturday morning. What model do you need it for?

RJ

ORIGINAL: BigTom

Will you be in Sturgis selling these this year? If not, how fast o you ship them out?

Quick Reply: Heat shield for thigh