Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Advise On A Good Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
newdep332
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Advise On A Good Trailer

I am looking for a trailer to haul my E.G or Heritage. I have a Honda Ridgeline with a 6 cyl.

A single bike trailer is all I need and I won't be using it a lot just a few trips a year in the winter months so I don't need anything fancy.

Any advice would be great!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:07 PM
timbakersr
Cruiser

Well you can go with a lot of diff things for sure. However the Kendon trailer is the bomb.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Not sure if they all do, but my H-D dealer carries a nice, foldable trailer (Can buy either a single or double version) that I believe was priced somewhere around $1,400? Give your local dealer a call & look into it. I'll try to get the name of it for ya & maybe a pic? Anyone else here know what I'm talkin' about?

Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 PM
BUSTERK
Advanced

A nice multi-purpose is one made by ALUMA. I have a 12' single axle and mounted a removable Pingle wheel chock. The trailer is light weight so you can move it around easily. The removable sides double as the ramps. It also has multiple cinch loops welded into the cargo area and you can use it for so much more than just the bike! Doug

Old 01-19-2009, 08:36 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

A quality 10' single axle utility trailer can be had new for under $800. Get a quality chock like "Bike-Pro" or similar (Not a "Pingle" fan), and four heavy duty tie-downs through bolted and backed with a plate of some type.

You'll have a multi-use trailer with some room to carry extra stuff along with the bike.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM
06Fatty
Tourer

I have a single Kendon and pull it behind our Dodge Grand Caravan with a 6 cylinder. I have pulled both my 06 Fatboy(sold) and my 08 Road King on it. Great Trailer. If you can get one with the nose Protector I recommend it, keeps flying debris off the bike.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:52 PM
johnu
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cloud09King
Not sure if they all do, but my H-D dealer carries a nice, foldable trailer
Yes, That would be a Kendon. I have a over 30,000 miles on mine pulling the bike behind during the work week and hitting rallys on the weekends. Love it.....except the bike gets messy but I'm not willing or have the room or vehicle to tug a enclosed trailer.
JU

Old 01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are lots of deals out there to be had these days and that includes people offloading all kinds of trailers. I bought one last summer to use in the winter when moving the bikes around, and for trips to the southern States when going for winter rides.

If you can swing it, get an enclosed trailer because it will protect your ride from road rash when towing it behind a vehicle. You'd be surprised how much road rash ends up hitting your bike with an open trailer in the winter especially on long trips. IMO, Wells Cargo make one of he nicest bike trailers on the market, and bought mine in brand new condition from a guy who paid 4K more for it just a few months before he sold it to me.

I have enough room for 2 baggers and a ton of gear and it tows great being that it's a tandem axle rig.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:16 PM
mrbuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

are you pulling a BOAT, if it got wheels you should ride it!!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:26 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy to say in Cali, but when there's 3' of snow on the ground and it's 20 below, it's nice to have a boat trailer to get your ride somewhere south where there's pavement.

Quick Reply: Any Advise On A Good Trailer