Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Advise On A Good Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:48 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A few years ago, I picked up my Road King near Detroit (from Chicago) with a buddy of mine. Took my brother's "Port-a-Chopper" with me "just in case" - And "just in case" happened... Horrible weather, tons of construction and detours, fog -- I didn't really trust the tires either...

After a dozen miles or so, we pulled the Port-a-Chopper out of the back seat of my Jeep (GC) and fifteen minutes later (with only a photo for "instructions" because "I won't even be using it"), we were loading the bike on.

Seems a little costly for what it is - I think it was a little over $1k. But wow - A trailer you can load into a hockey bag? The thing was amazing. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I needed one (but for the time being, I'll just borrow my brother's if I ever need it).

Old 01-20-2009, 12:04 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Always liked the Haulmark Low Profile motorcycle trailer....That's the trailer I'd want to buy, but I wouldn't use so much at this point. Maybe when I retire which would be a different story.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:16 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,776 Likes on 469 Posts

We can't have a trailer thread without....."trailer bad, ride bike good"......well,guess what? It's "good" to haul my bike behind my car, and when I get to said destination, the wife can take the car and I take the bike, AND I DON'T HAVE TO SEE HER DAD !!! She goes where she wants, I go where I want ON MY BIKE. When desired, we BOTH go on the bike.
That being said, I've had 5 trailers of various types. Favorite, 8 1/2' X 12' Haulmark LowHauler, pulled with my Tahoe. Current trailer, Kendon single bike pulled by my 4 cyl. Toyota Solaro. Went 9 hours south to Tampa Bay this Christmas and had a blast. I'm in the process of rigging a NO STRAPS tie down for the Kendon right now. I'll be able to load and go in about 3 - 5 minutes.
If the wife and I can ride to where we're going we do, but at times a trailer is needed. To each his own.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:58 PM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iron Horse Trailers, Nashville, TN makes a great trailer. It's made out of fiberglass, will run in your slipstream, has a flip top to make it easy to load your bike without hitting your head and the two bike model weighs in at around 1,000 pounds.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:03 PM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I made one awhile back out of a ski-do trailer.