Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED'S = security light

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:08 AM
mrbuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default LED'S = security light

i replaced my turn signals with some radiantz led strips and now they flash normal 4-5 times then go into hyper mode and the security key light comes on. any ideals???

Old 01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You get a load equalizer to go with them? Mine did the same without the load eq installed. Added the Street Magic from Custom Dynamics and all is normal.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:21 AM
BobcatBob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr. Buck, The photo you posted clearly shows the source of your problem. Your security system will continually be going off due to everyone wanting to touch your machine!! I went into HYPER MODE just looking at it!! BcB

Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 AM
mrbuck
Road Master

matrix you got a# or link there are a few on the site some around 50 bucks others like 150. dont want to spend that much

Old 01-19-2009, 12:05 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You might want to check to see if you need an alarm controller as well. Definitely the load equalizer.

Just posted yesterday in the General Chat forum "do i need to change dealers" as I added my Security after the LED taillight and think they didn't add the Alarm controller, which may be responsible for your problem. Apparently, bikes with HD alarms need one in addition to the load equalizer.

My alarm went off yesterday because my key fob battery was bad (i think) and since then, all turn signals flash when I use the left one and security light stays lit while riding. Bike is going to Dealer today.

Kuryakyn's website has the alarm controller. You may also want to look at Custom Dynamics & Radiantz site as well. Just ordered LED turn signals myself and in my research, learned about the alarm dohicky. Seems like one of those sites had an explanation.

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
monstead
Club Member

Just looked at the Custom Dynamic site and it says this about the Alarm Controller:

Alarm Compatible Load Equalizer
w/connectors

When a Panacea System is installed on late model Harley-Davidsons equipped with the factory security system (T.S.S.M.), the "security" light will remain lit at all times. The security system is still fully functional, our products do not disable the system in any way. If you find the illuminated "security" light offensive, this optional load equalizer will correct the situation. Fits H-D Only.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
mrbuck
Road Master

i never have used my alarm in the 5 years i've had the bike if i could take it off i would today. All mine does is flash the lights like thats going to stop anyone LOL, but thanks for the input on the eq.
i was hoping to not buy any thing else we'll see

Old 01-19-2009, 12:17 PM
monstead
Club Member

Here's the skinny on the load equalizers...apparently, some are alarm compatible.

Motorcycle Load Equalizers & Turn Signal Modules

Stock flasher relays on motorcycles are designed to blink twice as fast as normal when a bulb is burned out to alert the driver of this condition. Leds consume so little power compared to the stock bulbs, that the flasher relay thinks that a bulb is burned out when LEDs are used in place of stock bulbs. If you have replaced your stock turn signals with LEDs and your turns signals flash too fast or do not flash at all, you will need to add a Equalizer, or replace your flasher relay.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:18 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbuck
matrix you got a# or link there are a few on the site some around 50 bucks others like 150. dont want to spend that much
Here's the one I'm using... Street Magic $59.95

Old 01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
monstead
Club Member

I'm probably driving you crazy, but I'm going through the same thing and have been checking around. Check this out...is seems to have the whole ball of wax for $69.95.

My service tech said sometimes using your flashers will fry the eqaulizer & thinks that's what happened to me. This one says it lets you use your flashers. I'm probably going with this myself.

Badlands Generation III Load Equalizer
Fits All Harley Davidson from 1991-2009FEATURES:
Will run emergency flashers for any amount of time
The only load equalizer designed for parade use
Solid state construction and water proof
Works on any Harley-Davidson with self cancellers
American made with quality components. No heat, no load, 100% waterproofOne LE-03 will cover the entire bikeAlarm CompatibleSimple 4 wire installationWorks on all '91-'08 Harleys including V-RodPosi-Tap Connectors Provided for Simple Installation ITEM#: LE-03 Price: $69.95Here's a link http://www.customdynamics.com/loadequalizer.htm

Quick Reply: LED'S = security light