Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Came This -[ ]- Close to Jumping Off Cliff

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:59 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whiskers
This morning my wife and I almost agreed to put the Blue Road King up for sale/consignment for an '09 Ultra Classic...then I woke up.
Well I did do it. I am ok with it, but I will tell you it hit hard when I went to the dealers and seen it out on the floor and someone sitting on it. I had to turn around, it just didn't look rite someone else on my bike. What is real bad I think he is buying it. But I don't think he lives around here, so that helps a little.

I could have kept the King and probably should have, but. Damned Butts have always got me in trouble.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:22 AM
wildcat465
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't do it! Why trade perfection for Harley's version of a station wagon? I looked at the specs for the two bikes and it seems that all you gain with an Ultra is a suitcase on the back (which you can add to your bike), a plastic front fender (uggh), a radio (can you say iPod?), and a look that's nowhere near as cool as what you ride today.

Keep what you have.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
This morning my wife and I almost agreed to put the Blue Road King up for sale/consignment for an '09 Ultra Classic...then I woke up.
I Say..............................BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........But, Don't sell the ROAD KING!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 01:36 PM
molsen
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the same for my '98 RK. I put a lot of $$$ into it. Then I rode a 96" and radio. What sealed the deal $9k for my RK and $2k off MSRP on the '07. Best advice I can give is testride 1 and then see.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:45 PM
UltraTheo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, I had a Road King Classic also. Prettiest bike in the Harley line-up in my opinion. Road all over the country on that bike, thought life was great, but always had an eye for the Ultra. Then the wife needed a new pair of sunglasses, stopped by the dealership with her to get a pair, saw the Vivid Black Ulra sitting there, she said "just get it" so I did. Haven't regretted it one bit! She's ALOT happier on the Ultra also. take some good pics of the RK and let her go. The Ultra is way nicer.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:49 PM
racklefratz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RODEO
When John Belushi SAID it did! (Animal House, the Movie)
OK, WTF, I don't know what "John Belushi" said, but let's get history straight, just so people who don't know, don't get it wrong.

We're not going to re-write history here; the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbor.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:56 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

the guy who was sitting on your bike had a wet fart you better go clean that spot

Old 01-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You've got one of the coolest RK's on the forum here Whiskers don't do it! As mentioned above, get a detachable tourpak, and iPod and an aftermarket fairing if you feel the urge, lol

I went from an EGC to the '09 RK and dont regret the switch. To me the RK is simply the true classic Harley-Davidson look. I love the retro style and the convertible option of no windshield. The standard windshield on the RK gives about the same wind protection as the shorter/sleeker windshield I had on my EGC actually so I notice almost no difference there.

I wear my iPod when i want tunes and it works just fine for me.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Don't do it bro.. you've got one of the slickest Road Kings I've ever seen and while it's nice to have the newest and latest... I'm sure you'd miss the King bro. Good decision!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks, everyone, for your advice. I've always regretted moving away from things that really had a special place in my heart...the RKC's no different and I'm sure I'd always wonder, "WTF, were you thinking?" ...so, until I hit the lottery, the RKC stays.

Quick Reply: Came This -[ ]- Close to Jumping Off Cliff