Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more Myrtle Beach bike events

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it still legal to ride a motorcycle????????

Old 01-19-2009, 11:50 AM
classic53
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

galtjunk wroet:
It might be fun to have a loud pipe contest about 2 feet from the city limits.

where do I sign up!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down
07 FLHTC rider

Old 01-19-2009, 04:16 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by wbeem
When you get down to it, it's just a place for people to stand around and drink beer and look at cleavage (or more).
well I had no intention of going, but since you put it that way I might have to ! ! ! !

Old 01-19-2009, 05:11 PM
wildeano
Tourer

Me and the wife were thinking of going this past year but, ive heard from several sources to stay away....

Old 01-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveO
I understand Daytona will be next.
Uh, yeah, right! They started tearin' down the Speedway last week, rollin' up Main Street, & diggin' all the sand out of the beach up to the sea wall. Rossmeyer's havin' a fire sale & turnin' Destination Daytona into a senior citizen nursing facility while The Iron Horse is becomin' a golf outlet. The Cabbage Patch is becomin', well, a cabbage patch...........

Sturgis is slated to become a large cow pasture. Fairly easy to do since that's pretty much what it is when the bikers & Corvette people aren't there.

You might as well haul your bike to the car crusher. You won't be able to ride it anywhere, & you damn sure won't be able to sell it.

BTW, you might want to re-think the career in news reporting.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:23 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

F mb !!!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by classic53
galtjunk wroet:
It might be fun to have a loud pipe contest about 2 feet from the city limits.

where do I sign up!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down
07 FLHTC rider
The trouble with that is that Horry County will fix you up with a nice ticket. I know several people who have gotten noise tickets from the County. I know none who have gotten a ticket from the city of MB.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
harley albert
Advanced
Default Economics does not equal Politics

You would be surprised to find out how easy it is to pass a city law when you have a selected group of individuals that are not in touch with their citizens. They say they don't need the money but considering the currenty economy, consumer spending / confidence, cut backs for federal funding to states it would appear that no state has the extra funds to say goodbye to a few million dollars generated by these events.

The City of Daytona Chamber of Commerce understands the economics of their city. Daytona is smart and aggressive in pursuing their $$. They are also extremely good at managing these events. They consider their citizens first and understand the positive economic impact the events bring to the city.

They are extremely effective at managing these events. How often do you see drunken individuals get out of control in the city streets of Daytona. The law enforcement teams have a great command of the situation.

I have to say that it may be strict in Daytona but they manage the situation. If Myrtle Beach does not want these bike events, then WE DON'T WANT TO GO THERE. Good luck Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce.

PS I bet there is another city close by that is looking to take over this event.

Last edited by harley albert; 01-19-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:01 PM
webbhead
Tourer

I am a Biker and If Bikers were more considerate of other people then the cities would not be making rules and canceling Rallies. JMHO!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Looking at MBBW site, they are still advertising the Myrtle Beach Bike Week t-shirts. They should make a new logo for the rally and give MB NO publicity. Maybe call it the Carolina Coastal Bike Rally. It spans a good 40 miles or more of the coast anyhoo.

Quick Reply: No more Myrtle Beach bike events