Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda today reveals their idea of the Rocker

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:16 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Eh, it seems nice for what it is.

One thing I'll give them - The left side looks "less goofy" than most.

Call me "nit-picky" but that's something most of the Japanese MFG's just never nail - The right side always looks great. The left side always looks like... I don't know... It looks like they have a bunch of stuff there that doesn't need to be there - or it looks like there are parts missing.

Maybe I'm just biased... HD has it down on "all angles" while others seem to design bikes around the right 3/4 view. Even my old Sabre - What a great looking bike! As long as you were looking at it from the right side... Just looked goofy from the left. I added a part to "fill in" the front of the shaft, some guys got the chrome covers for the shaft (which I couldn't stand - Brought to much attention to "a shaft" IMO). The only time it ever looked close to "right" was after I added large, hard bags to it.

I'll give it one thing - They tucked the radiator away nicely... Color-matching the cover would be a bonus.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:08 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, it sure doesn't look like a Honda. It's OK, if you like that look.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:20 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just not for me....I'll stick to what I have. I'm sure some metric guys are gonna love it.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:41 AM
GBeck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda Softail Fury

It'll sell and many will see the merits of the frame and cut it into a rat bike or be customized just like any other bike in history. You buy it for the future potential or your kid gets one because it doesn't cost $25,840 like a CVO and makes it his/her own. There are many Bonnevilles running around that no longer look like Bonnies. Let's see what becomes of the Fury once it gets into creative hands.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:05 PM
hori
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks good, gotta see it in person. Most harley look terrible in pics until you see them in person. I now most will hate on it just because it`s honda but seriously it looks as good as OCC production models and will probably be 10X better in quality. You give credit where credit is due, if harley released that exact bike everyone would be giving it two thumbs up

bottom line...competion is good, I`ll wait and see it before I hate it...especially hard since it`s honda