Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At my wit's end choosing a bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Daves Not Here!
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the RK. Like beary said, Chicks dig it!

You can take the windshield off when you want that look and add the Sound of Chrome speakers if you are looking for music. There are also companies that make removable fairings if later you really want the fairing. The RK is the most versatile bagger you can get.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrasser
How about I don't and say I did, because I know I'll be flipping that coin until it magically splits in two in the air and lands on both heads and tails.

The current battleground is...

The King without the windshield for local joyriding in 110*F AZ heat vs. being 3 hours into the 6 hour ride to Vegas wanting wind protection and tunes.

Once that plays out to the inevitable stalemate I'll move on to the next scenario.
Sounds to me like you need a King with a quick detach windshield and an I-pod. Viola!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Daves Not Here!
Get the RK. Like beary said, Chicks dig it!
And they like black. I took my wife to help me decide between the red or Black/Blue Ice SG, she walked strait to the black RKC and told me that was the one. I KNOW, I KNOW, but everyone in town rides a black RKC and now her too. I just want to be a little different. Sheesh!

Beary

Old 01-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Bluegrasser
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beary
And they like black. I took my wife to help me decide between the red or Black/Blue Ice SG, she walked strait to the black RKC and told me that was the one. I KNOW, I KNOW, but everyone in town rides a black RKC and now her too. I just want to be a little different. Sheesh!

Beary

Actually, my perfect Road King is a Black Classic with hard bags, but I'm just not sure I could spend the extra money on the bags. Maybe if the dealer with give me a killer deal on the bags we have a winner...for now.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:20 AM
salty01
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bluegrasser
How about I don't and say I did, because I know I'll be flipping that coin until it magically splits in two in the air and lands on both heads and tails.

The current battleground is...

The King without the windshield for local joyriding in 110*F AZ heat vs. being 3 hours into the 6 hour ride to Vegas wanting wind protection and tunes.

Once that plays out to the inevitable stalemate I'll move on to the next scenario.

Hell I just bought a Heritage and a Street glide so i can ride locally with no shield or on when all the big canadian bugs come out..hell of a dilema for you!
Road king would be my choice as you can add a tour detatcheable tour pak when needed or pop it and the shield off when not needed, otherwsie .

good luck!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:22 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the 2009 RKC. It's pretty sweet and in black, the fastest color.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 AM
agent58
Cruiser

I had the same kind of problem.It was between a RK standard and the EGC.Couldn't make up my mind.One thing I did that really helped me was to make a pro and con list.I listed both bikes and thought of all the pros and cons of each.Finally tallied everything up and the RK won. I knew the color already .I had always leaned toward the Rk but the list really helped make my final choice.Hopes this helps.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:05 PM
roadking1893
Tourer

As a new rider and test ride several I like, it came down what type of riding you want to do. I love my 07 RKC. I like the Ultra but with all the gauge and front fairing it reminded me too much like still being my convertable (Boxster S). RKC is a sharp bike with or without the winshield. Great for long distance riding and even more if you get the seat modified with memory foam.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
dave7mm
Cruiser

Sooner or later.
It'll be a ROAD GLIDE.
Might as well just do it now.
dave

Old 01-16-2009, 12:14 PM
bluelab
6th Gear